Bora one VS Cosmic pro carbon sl C

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Peme

by Peme

I ride fuji sl 1.3 and i have origin carbon wheels. but with these wheels threaten my life on the down hill.
braking is bad.
So i wander Campy Bora one or Mavic Cosmic pro carbon sl c, which one has more powerful braking?
and what is the best choice two of these?
i want listen you guys thinking.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CLEAR

by CLEAR

Between the two... definetely bora (one or ultra) with red pads. I have both 2014 and 2016 bora, brake is never an issue... in fact I prefer it (or so used to it) that I don't think I can ride alu rim brake anymore.

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

Can't comment on the Bora but I do have the new Mavic Cosmic pro carbon sl c and it is amazing, braking is perfect even with rain and I'm no lightweight. The only bad thing I can say about it is that this thing eats brake pads for breakfast, it's insane! Also, it makes A LOT of noise when free wheeling, it's loud AF. Some people like of really really loud noises but it annoys me :/

hlvd

by hlvd

I've the Pro Carbon SLC and they make an awesome noise when freewheeling and braking, very stuff as well.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

I've owned both and would agree with others above. Both great braking but I kept my Bora's and sold the Cosmics. While braking was really good it came at the insane expense of pads. Bora's brake as good but with Campy red pads I can go more than double the life of the Cosmics with equal braking.

Bora's just feel more "special" too, imo.

RyanH

by RyanH

Boras are good but the Ksyriums are amazingly good. Boras overall are a better wheel though. Freehub is stupid loud and they have more lateral flex than the Boras. They are a touch more comfortable though.

This is all with respect to the two in tubular version.

Seedster

by Seedster

I had both wheels. I sold my mavics and have not looked back. The campy hubs are much better and i find them more pleasing to the eye.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com