Dogma F8 vs Cipollini Bond

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

Boshk wrote:Both Italian

Nope. Pinarellos are made in China. And are extremely overpriced.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

MyM3Coupe wrote:
Boshk wrote:Both Italian

Nope. Pinarellos are made in China. And are extremely overpriced.

Nope. Pinarellos are made in Taiwan. Cipollini in Eastern Europe.
Sorry bro.

micky

by micky

Easter Europe?
Source?
Thanks

kgt

by kgt

Some Cipollinis (not all) are made in Kotor Varoš Bosnia in a factory owned and run by Diamant SRL. It is not outsourced, subcontracted etc. practically is the same as made in Italy.
http://www.mcipollini.com/en/mc/
and the relevant video:
http://www.mcipollini.com/en/biciclette
IMHO there is no doubt Cipollinis are higher quality frames than Pinarellos.

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

kgt wrote:Some Cipollinis (not all) are made in Kotor Varoš Bosnia in a factory owned and run by Diamant SRL. It is not outsourced, subcontracted etc. practically is the same as made in Italy.
http://www.mcipollini.com/en/mc/
and the relevant video:
http://www.mcipollini.com/en/biciclette
IMHO there is no doubt Cipollinis are higher quality frames than Pinarellos.

The not outsourced/ subcontracted part is really amusing I must say....
They're made by a different company, on a different country, but still Cipollinis are italian, Colnagos are italian, and Pinarellos are not!
(even the "mighty" C60 - which is a bike I enjoy seening and doesn't get any trashing from me - is only glued up in Italy, even the fork is made overseas)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Got it!!

kgt

by kgt

In the case of Cipollini it is not about a 'different company'. It is the same company (Diamant SRL) in both Italy and Bosnia. In any case many Cipollinis are still 100% made in Italy. Any video of Pinarello's manufacturing to share?

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

kgt wrote:In the case of Cipollini it is not about a 'different company'. It is the same company (Diamant SRL) in both Italy and Bosnia. In any case many Cipollinis are still 100% made in Italy. Any video of Pinarello's manufacturing to share?

Are you aware that any of these kind of videos are made mostly of marketing BS?
Are you aware that any company can do such a video? Don't you think that Pinarello/ Trek or any other big manufacturer can creat and edit one of these videos?
Don't you think they can afford a plane full of italians to wherever they make the frames and state the factory is the absolute best in everything?

I'm sure building a factory in Bosnia is cheaper then doing so in Italy, as the real estate price is lower, nevertheless seems pretty stupid believing they build an italian factory in Bosnia, and that the techinal staff is all highly qualified italians, which have to be paid accordingly, and on top of that, have to be paid for working abroad (although according to your personal beliefes Bosnia and Italy are mostly the same)

In fact they are so much of the same, the next Cipollini bikes will proudly state being made is Bosnia. :beerchug:

kgt

by kgt

I am aware that all this is part of the marketing strategy etc. etc. but what they claim is true. Yes, they do own a factory in Bosnia (it is cheaper for many reasons) and their chief engineers-technicians are Italians (that is what they claim, not that everyone who works there is Italian). Pinarello would not make a video claiming their frames are manufactured in Italy or in Europe because they are not.
So, I guess you are now aware that your claims:
a. All Cipollinis are made in 'Eastern Europe'.
b. Made in Bosnia Cipollinis are made by a 'different company'.
are both false.

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

kgt wrote:I am aware that all this is part of the marketing strategy etc. etc. but what they claim is true. Yes, they do own a factory in Bosnia (it is cheaper for many reasons) and their chief engineers-technicians are Italians (that is what they claim, not that everyone who works there is Italian). Pinarello would not make a video claiming their frames are manufactured in Italy or in Europe because they are not.
So, I guess you are now aware that your claims:
a. All Cipollinis are made in 'Eastern Europe'.
b. Made in Bosnia Cipollinis are made by a 'different company'.
are both false.

I'm glad you didn't quoted me, because I didn't wrote that.

I find hard to believe that considering that when even the nk1k is built in Bosnia (does it have the made in Bosnia sticker?), the lower models such as bond are built in Italy? If so, made in Bosnia is better then made in Italy?

And sorry kgt, but in fact diamant srl is a different company from cipollini, like the LVMH group is a different company from pinarello.

Get it? :smartass:

kgt

by kgt

You did say that:
snowdevlin wrote:Pinarellos are made in Taiwan. Cipollini in Eastern Europe.

?
Furthermore Cipollini is a brand name and not a company. Diamant SRL is the company that also makes DMT shoes. See the UCI sticker:

It is DIAM.BOND not CIPO.BOND
Get it?

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

kgt wrote:You did say that:
snowdevlin wrote:Pinarellos are made in Taiwan. Cipollini in Eastern Europe.

?
Furthermore Cipollini is a brand name and not a company. Diamant SRL is the company that also makes DMT shoes. See the UCI sticker:

It is DIAM.BOND not CIPO.BOND
Get it?

Ops sorry, my mistake!
I thought we were discussing a bike company, but instead we're discussing a shoe making company- and not a very good one - endorsed by a former great rider now turned into an ape on steroids.

And you forgot to reply the final part of my post, do the bikes have a sticker made in Bosnia?
As according to your line of thinking towards Pinarello it shouldn't bare the made in Italy sticker logo. Unless there's an exception in your mind for Italian surpervised and Bosnian made bikes.

kgt

by kgt

You don't want to admit you were misinformed, fine, that's your problem, I won't lose any more time answering silly questions.

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

kgt wrote:You don't want to admit you were misinformed, fine, that's your problem, I won't lose any more time answering silly questions.

Neither I was misinformed, neither you were able to present valid points to your claims.

In the end I'm just sorry sidi and gaerne don't make any bikes, as I'm sure they would be great and very italian!
:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Having said that, there's something very wrong when choosing a bike, one points one is better because it's more italian. :smartass: