Dogma F8 vs Cipollini Bond

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Boshk

by Boshk

Anyone had the luxury of trying both or owning both at some time or another?

I was all set on Cip Bond but LBS just told me they have a size 50 blue/black, I believe semi team sky graphics......but F8's sizing is a bit different so a 50 maybe too large for my 172cm height.

Both apparently are Stiff!
Both Italian
Both race bike
I like the look of both....more so the Cip Bond for its various availability of colours.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Seedster

by Seedster

I have not ridden both, but i will just correct you with respect to both being italian. The Dogma is merely painted in Italy. It really should be listed as made in China/Taiwan.

That said, I have heard good things about both. I would opt for the bond as they are more uncommon and have better color options.

RyanH

by RyanH

Isn't the fit a lot different between the two?

Boshk

by Boshk

RyanH wrote:Isn't the fit a lot different between the two?

Maybe, according to basic numbers only, the Bond is more aggressive, less stack, same reach than the F8.
Size 50 F8 Stack/Reach ratio is 1.39 whereas the Bond is 1.35.

Some like Bianchi XR1 and new XR4 are down to 1.30 ratio but then forums member state the bike is really comfortable, dependent on rider fitness and flex I guess.

kgt

by kgt

Only Cipollini is italian.

I guess this is the blue:

nothing reminds me of Sky's colors btw.

Boshk

by Boshk

kgt wrote:Only Cipollini is italian.

I guess this is the blue:

nothing reminds me of Sky's colors btw.

Nice blue.
How's your Skylon? Liking it?

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

go with the F8. haven't ridden the bond, but the pinarello is as best as it gets

stormur

by stormur

As an owner of Pinarello, Pina is as much overpriced as possible ;) . Not is a bad bike. Quality is more than very fine, but overall frame is not 2-3 times better than others, as price would indicate.

So, would I buy Cipo ? No. Not my geometry, and that's my ONLY problem with it.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

Boshk

by Boshk

Well, I'm going to have a quick ride on a Bond tomorrow, but its pretty much just around the block in trainers.

Purely based on geometry, it might be a bit too aggressive for me, granted it can be 'made more comfortable' with spacers and reverse stem.

Came across a new Colnago C60 frameset (old colours) which is actually cheaper than F8 and same price as Bond.
Doesn't seem to be any real bad forum complaints on the C60 except for those looking for sub 800g frames, think C60 is around 1050g.

kgt

by kgt

If same price to the Bond then go for the C60

4151zero

by 4151zero

C60 is classy, lugged and mostly Italian. The f8 a great frame set and just as classy, well tuned for ride and strength (imho) and expensive. I own an f8 but still wish I could afford a c60 one day.

PLuKE

by PLuKE

I had a Bond demo bike, did 70 miles on it. Just the cone spacer under the stem, on a size small. Mega comfortable, you can feel the road, but it's smooth. My current ride is a Merida Ride 93, endurance geo, but slammed stem.

When I have read reviews about bikes, when they say this and that, I thought to myself, no just no. It's carbon layup, it's all the same. How very wrong I was!

Luke

trimenc

by trimenc

4151zero, "mostly Italian?" What do you mean by "mostly?"

4151zero

by 4151zero

trimenc wrote:4151zero, "mostly Italian?" What do you mean by "mostly?"

It's well documented that the frame tubes are sourced from Taiwan and some parts of China using high end Japanese carbon. Then both pinarello and colnago assemble and or paint and finish the monocoque details in italia. That's apparently enough to get a "made in Italy " decal and classification.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ODC

by ODC

4151zero wrote:C60 is classy, lugged and mostly Italian. The f8 a great frame set and just as classy, well tuned for ride and strength (imho) and expensive. I own an f8 but still wish I could afford a c60 one day.

This i don't understand if you can buy an f8 then you have could buy a C60? Price is almost the same for a frameset.

I had a Pinarello F8 Bob and i have sold it after 6 months. It looks great, like almost al italian bikes, but is was also very hard/stiff bike. The bikes i had before (BMC slr01 and Sworks venge old version) were more comfortable for the road in Belgium.