Trek Madone 9 - 7X9 Clamp Ears

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MXGimp

by MXGimp

I highly doubt I'm the first one to have this issue. I have a Trek Madone 9 and want to run a carbon railed specialized saddle on it, which has 7X9 rails. The clamps for the madone are 7X7 or 7X10(of course Trek would be different). I've tried the 7X10 with it and it is just too loose and wiggles.

Has anyone found a solution to this? My butt would thank you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Trek has some 7X9 ears. You can get them directly from Trek or have your Trek dealer order them. Can't remember the part number and I'm not sure if they are different for the Madone versus the Emonda. Best and easiest way is to find out and order directly is to go online on the Trek site, start a chat, and ask the question directly to them.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Erwin

by Erwin

Try the 9x7 clamp ears from Madone 7, Emonda or Domane. It is not official, but some have tried those ears and it worked ;)

EDIT: @Calnago, I don't think these 9x7 ears you mentioned are (official) for the Madone 9. But they sould work anyway...

MXGimp

by MXGimp

I've tried them and can't get them to hold. There is a little ledge on the bottom of the ears that hold it to the middle piece that is missing on the emonda/domane ones.

Erwin

by Erwin

Oh, I am sorry!
Perhaps then you should use the 10x7 ears and wrap around some cutted drink can or something similar around the saddle rails.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MXGimp

by MXGimp

I wrapped some gorilla tape around the rails last night at it worked fairly well. Still a tiny bit of play, but very acceptable. It'd be nice to find someone that can machine a set of 7x9 clamp ears still.