V3 EPS Updates Not Working Via MyCampy

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Asking here in the hope of a quick answer - have searched but haven't found anything.

I am running Record EPS V3 and connecting via an iPhone 7 to the MyCampy app. Connecting to the app tells me I have some updates available. One update went perfectly well, but the other two aren't working - one starts but never gets off 0% before giving me an error message (tapping 'ok' disconnects the app from the EPS); and attempting the other update gives an error message and disconnects the EPS straight away.

I have tried disconnecting the app, deleting the app, forgetting the EPS from my iPhone etc., but whenever I reconnect the updates still won't run.

It looks like this update is needed for my EPS to reconnect to my Wahoo ELEMNT BOLT.

Anyone got any ideas, or a solution that might help?

Thanks in advance.

jdecraene85

by jdecraene85

Hi Rich,

I have bad news for you.
I have the same problem since a couple of months. My first updates a year ago went fine, but a couple of months ago I had the app crashing during an update too, and since then my EPS is stuck in update mode (MyCampy app EPS section can find it named as 'DfuTarg', but gives an error message saying it is in update mode and crashes when trying to complete the update).
I tried the same things as you, I also had my power unit replaced (for another reason)... My bike shop (with a lot of experience with Campy and EPS) had a look at it, they even had their Campagnolo contact person come over and have a look at it. Neither couldn't figure it out. Apparently we're not the first, but they haven't got a solution.
And probably there won't be one, as we're unable to do updates through the MyCampy app.
Same result here, no connection with my Garmin Edge 820 nor with MyCampy app possible, and due to being stuck in update mode I feel my battery drains faster too.
It shifts correctly, that is all.
Maybe replacing the Interface Unit might solve the problem. It's a lot of work (and given the Campagnolo contact person did not propose it, probably not under warranty), but I'm inclined to do that after my next holiday.
So fed up with this amateuristic approach that I don't consider buying Campagnolo EPS ever again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pritchet74

by pritchet74

I had the same problem when I went to do the updates a couple of weeks ago. One updated (1st one in the list) but not the other 2. I tried again just now and the 2nd one updated, but now when I try to do the 3rd one I can't even connect to MyCampy.

Frustrating....
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I had exactly the same problem with the app crashing once the update started. This worked for me:

1. Close app. Unpair phone and delete EPS unit from connected devices if necessary. Turn off bluetooth.

2. Turn off EPS with the strap. Wait a ten seconds or so and then remove strap to turn back on.

3. Turn on bluetooth and pair again (be sure to include the leading zeroes in the passcode).

4. Start app and connect in 'My EPS'. Run update.

I have found that problems connecting to the app are usually solved by turning the system off and on again with the strap.

scb

by scb

Wait a day or two and cross your fingers. That's what I did and it worked.

Seedster

by Seedster

I had similar issues with the update. It's disappointing because the rest of my experience with V3 has been great.

Ill give it another shot, otherwise i will just forget about using mycampy until a resolution is published.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Mockenrue wrote:I had exactly the same problem with the app crashing once the update started. This worked for me:

1. Close app. Unpair phone and delete EPS unit from connected devices if necessary. Turn off bluetooth.

2. Turn off EPS with the strap. Wait a ten seconds or so and then remove strap to turn back on.

3. Turn on bluetooth and pair again (be sure to include the leading zeroes in the passcode).

I have found that problems connecting to the app are usually solved by turning the system off and on again with the strap.

Thanks - this certainly worked in terms of the wireless module update; and then by deleting and reconnecting the EPS on my Wahoo that started communicating again too.

Interestingly, after running the wireless module update, this time the app told me to unpair the Bluetooth and turn the EPS off.

The power unit update still won't work, but the app is saying my EPS is up-to-date now, so perhaps it's not essential right now.

titaniumconfidential

by titaniumconfidential

RichTheRoadie wrote:
Mockenrue wrote:I had exactly the same problem with the app crashing once the update started. This worked for me:

Thanks - this certainly worked in terms of the wireless module update; and then by deleting and reconnecting the EPS on my Wahoo that started communicating again too.

Interestingly, after running the wireless module update, this time the app told me to unpair the Bluetooth and turn the EPS off.

The power unit update still won't work, but the app is saying my EPS is up-to-date now, so perhaps it's not essential right now.

Had same issue and the solutions here is what I used. Campy V3 wireless protocol is v strong ad reliable. Sometime it gets stuck and resetting unit (rubber band on battery), removing EPS from bluetooth device, reinitializing connection solved issues.

Seedster

by Seedster

It appears campy will be releasing an all new MyCampy App. https://youtu.be/WyQJTc_DDko?t=8m15s

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

RichTheRoadie wrote:The power unit update still won't work, but the app is saying my EPS is up-to-date now, so perhaps it's not essential right now.

Resurrecting this thread as I now have another issue...

More recently I have returned to EPS after a while on other kit. I tried the power unit update and it succeeded - only now the rear mech won't hold its zero setting.

Any tips?

titaniumconfidential

by titaniumconfidential

RichTheRoadie wrote:
RichTheRoadie wrote:The power unit update still won't work, but the app is saying my EPS is up-to-date now, so perhaps it's not essential right now.

Resurrecting this thread as I now have another issue...

More recently I have returned to EPS after a while on other kit. I tried the power unit update and it succeeded - only now the rear mech won't hold its zero setting.

Any tips?

Need a hard reset. Put the magnetic band, leave it for at least 3/4mins, remove the band, then press the two lever button and proceed to a new zero setting from scratch. I had same problem as you and reboot and re-zeroing solved the issue. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sub7kg

by sub7kg

It might be an iPhone related issue. I spoke to Grahame at VeloTech, he suggested trying it on an Android device, or an iPhone with an older version of IOS on it. The minute I used an android device I managed to run all the updates and it all works now. I'm sure he'll surface at some point and explain it in more detail.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Not an iPhone issue - all sorted now.

TonyM

by TonyM

RichTheRoadie wrote:Not an iPhone issue - all sorted now.

What was the solution?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Hard reset as noted above.