Upgraded jockey wheels on DA 9100R rear derailleur

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tantra

by tantra

Has anyone tried using upgraded jockey wheels (larger and/or with ceramic bearings) on the 9100 RD?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

tantra wrote:Has anyone tried using upgraded jockey wheels (larger and/or with ceramic bearings) on the 9100 RD?

My buddy uses the ceramic speed jockey wheels on his Dura Ace 9000 bike and was really impressed with the jockey wheels that came with my bike, equipped with DA 9150.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

ms6073

by ms6073

Used to be a big fan of ceramic replacement jockey wheels as I had replaced the stock DA 9070 rear derailleurs with Tiso Ti ceramic pulleys for mine and the wife's road and cross bikes. But shortly after starting a ride early last year, the wife shifted gears right at the instant she rolled over a bumpy asphalt patch at which time the chain jumped, but apparently due to the lack of lateral play with the Tiso pulleys, the chain got snagged an instant later, but fortunately the derailleur hanger did its job and immediately ripped off! I put the stock pulleys back on that afternoon and as we are now on 9150 derailleurs, I pay closer attention to keeping the stock jockey wheels clean and lubed.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Pokerface07

by Pokerface07

I have Ceramic Speed ones in a 9150 mech. TBH, not any noticeable difference.
Twitter: @FormerTTchamp https://twitter.com/FormerTTchamp