JRC lightweight carbon components

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Jenmoss

by Jenmoss

I made a purchase from josh .I spoke to him on the phone and his service and customer care was fantastic . Look forward to seeing how light those stems end up .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

themidge

by themidge

Hello, sorry to dig up this thread, but I have query about a JRC carbon component so this felt like the best place.
I just got one of JRC's carbon front derailleur clamps (like a parlee one, if you know what I'm talking about), and am slightly concerned about how to install it. Obviously there are no hinges, so do I just bend it round the tube? It seems to be reluctant to open more than about 1.5cm without feeling like it may snap. :noidea:
Plz help,
-themidge

euph

by euph

I got one of these clamps as well. I had exactly the same concern. But it was fine with it. Just don't be stupid. As with most things really. It works really well once its on.

jrccomponents
in the industry

by jrccomponents

themidge wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 2:29 pm
Hello, sorry to dig up this thread, but I have query about a JRC carbon component so this felt like the best place.
I just got one of JRC's carbon front derailleur clamps (like a parlee one, if you know what I'm talking about), and am slightly concerned about how to install it. Obviously there are no hinges, so do I just bend it round the tube? It seems to be reluctant to open more than about 1.5cm without feeling like it may snap. :noidea:
Plz help,
-themidge
Hey,

Thanks for the query. As for flexing it around the tube, it's best to open it and press it towards the tube at the same time so you open it only as much as necessary, it will not snap.

We've demonstrated this many times that the clamp can in fact tolerate being pulled apart to not far off flat! (Please don't try this though)

Feel free to pop anymore queries up here or in an email to us. Cheers!

themidge

by themidge

Thank you, it worked! :D
I did a little mock-up with my 7900 front derailleur, is there supposed to be a gap? (I've got the correct size according to the Cannondale manual) I suppose there has to be a slight gap otherwise you couldn't tighten it.
Don't mind the dusty frame, my build is taking a while.

jrccomponents
in the industry

by jrccomponents

themidge wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:58 pm
Thank you, it worked! :D
I did a little mock-up with my 7900 front derailleur, is there supposed to be a gap? (I've got the correct size according to the Cannondale manual) I suppose there has to be a slight gap otherwise you couldn't tighten it.
Don't mind the dusty frame, my build is taking a while.
Correct, looks spot on :beerchug: