Durable but high quality clincher

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Drpoomanchu wrote:I have had nothing but good things to say about Michelin Pro Race 4’s. Good grip relatively light and durable.

i'm a fan of michelin pro 4 endurance. i don't race much. the weight penalty is modest, they ride well, last me about 2500 miles(conservatively) and do relatively well with regards to flats. internet prices are good as well.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lewn777

by Lewn777

fromtrektocolnago wrote:
Drpoomanchu wrote:I have had nothing but good things to say about Michelin Pro Race 4’s. Good grip relatively light and durable.

i'm a fan of michelin pro 4 endurance. i don't race much. the weight penalty is modest, they ride well, last me about 2500 miles(conservatively) and do relatively well with regards to flats. internet prices are good as well.

I haven't tried these but they seem to be the right kind of tire for me. Got any more thoughts on them?

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Lewn777 wrote:
fromtrektocolnago wrote:

I haven't tried these but they seem to be the right kind of tire for me. Got any more thoughts on them?

been riding with them for years. I love em
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

Matt28NJ

by Matt28NJ

Lewn777 wrote:I haven't tried these but they seem to be the right kind of tire for me. Got any more thoughts on them?

I'll chime in here. I have more that 40,000 miles on these tires. Ive even raced on them in a pinch on a backup set up wheels a couple times. They're great tires, very durable. Only Moderately supple but they're extremely flat resistant for a 'racy'ish tire.

AJS914

by AJS914

Do you guys rotate your tires? I'm running GP4000s and the rear is getting a small flat spot now after 1500 miles. I was thinking that this winter I would rotate the tires and then use them up next spring.

PSM

by PSM

Pro4.

Delorre

by Delorre

AJS914 wrote:Do you guys rotate your tires? I'm running GP4000s and the rear is getting a small flat spot now after 1500 miles. I was thinking that this winter I would rotate the tires and then use them up next spring.

I used to do that, but a front tyre with flat spot is not going to help cornering with confidence. My fronts usually outlast 2 rears, and then, I put on a whole new set.

Delorre

by Delorre

On Power Comp's for a season, with great satisfaction : roll's very well, great riding feel and 0 punctures in +/- 10.000 miles. Only not sure about grip in the wet. I've never pushed it on the wet, so I can't tell the real grip they have (it still remains a lottery), but for pease of mind, I'll switch back to gp4000 for this fall / winter.

CBJ

by CBJ

I have just been on 27c Ritchey Tom Slik and they have been strong, good grip and comfortable but are now worn out. Difficult to get hold of in Denmark so I am going to try the Conti GP 4000 in 28c so I can run lower psi for comfort and hopefully fewer punctures. I did want to try something else than Conti as I am not a big fan of how their tires ride both road and mtb so this will be the last chance for them to win me over. I really want to go tubeless though but that will test it on my new CX/gravel bike first.