Durable but high quality clincher

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Drpoomanchu wrote:I have had nothing but good things to say about Michelin Pro Race 4’s. Good grip relatively light and durable.

i'm a fan of michelin pro 4 endurance. i don't race much. the weight penalty is modest, they ride well, last me about 2500 miles(conservatively) and do relatively well with regards to flats. internet prices are good as well.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

Lewn777

by Lewn777

fromtrektocolnago wrote:
Drpoomanchu wrote:I have had nothing but good things to say about Michelin Pro Race 4’s. Good grip relatively light and durable.

i'm a fan of michelin pro 4 endurance. i don't race much. the weight penalty is modest, they ride well, last me about 2500 miles(conservatively) and do relatively well with regards to flats. internet prices are good as well.

I haven't tried these but they seem to be the right kind of tire for me. Got any more thoughts on them?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Lewn777 wrote:
fromtrektocolnago wrote:

I haven't tried these but they seem to be the right kind of tire for me. Got any more thoughts on them?

been riding with them for years. I love em
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

Matt28NJ

by Matt28NJ

Lewn777 wrote:I haven't tried these but they seem to be the right kind of tire for me. Got any more thoughts on them?

I'll chime in here. I have more that 40,000 miles on these tires. Ive even raced on them in a pinch on a backup set up wheels a couple times. They're great tires, very durable. Only Moderately supple but they're extremely flat resistant for a 'racy'ish tire.

AJS914

by AJS914

Do you guys rotate your tires? I'm running GP4000s and the rear is getting a small flat spot now after 1500 miles. I was thinking that this winter I would rotate the tires and then use them up next spring.

PSM

by PSM

Pro4.

Delorre

by Delorre

AJS914 wrote:Do you guys rotate your tires? I'm running GP4000s and the rear is getting a small flat spot now after 1500 miles. I was thinking that this winter I would rotate the tires and then use them up next spring.

I used to do that, but a front tyre with flat spot is not going to help cornering with confidence. My fronts usually outlast 2 rears, and then, I put on a whole new set.

Delorre

by Delorre

On Power Comp's for a season, with great satisfaction : roll's very well, great riding feel and 0 punctures in +/- 10.000 miles. Only not sure about grip in the wet. I've never pushed it on the wet, so I can't tell the real grip they have (it still remains a lottery), but for pease of mind, I'll switch back to gp4000 for this fall / winter.

CBJ

by CBJ

I have just been on 27c Ritchey Tom Slik and they have been strong, good grip and comfortable but are now worn out. Difficult to get hold of in Denmark so I am going to try the Conti GP 4000 in 28c so I can run lower psi for comfort and hopefully fewer punctures. I did want to try something else than Conti as I am not a big fan of how their tires ride both road and mtb so this will be the last chance for them to win me over. I really want to go tubeless though but that will test it on my new CX/gravel bike first.