Cycling Glasses

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

RIDE... same ones that Sagan wears.. I'm not crazy about the look, but they dont pool sweat like all my oakleys do
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

I love cycling specific glasses. Have Oakley....split jacket and racing jacket, about 50 pair of cheap Tifosi....lol, and some Spy glasses I got from work, don't know the model. Currently wearing Koo glasses by Kask. They were initially purchased because they mate perfectly with Kask Helmets which sometimes have clearance issues with sunglass arms. These are by far the best glasses I have ever used. Carl Zeiss lenses...(the camera lens guy), they pivot at the temple to three different angles and stay there. One piece lens. Three different nose pieces and the nose piece you choose still has two adjustment positions. 100% made in Italy, great style. The lens on these is the thing. I thought Oakley prizm lenses were good, and super optically correct. The Zeiss lenses make the Oakley lenses seem like gas station sunglasses. The clarity has to be seen to be believed. They are at the pricey end of the scale as far as glasses go, but don't think I could ever do better. Always looking though.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

reknop

by reknop

I have always been a fan of the Oakley M-Frame range but as of last year if switched to the Oakley Radar Path EV with Prizm Road lenses. Very pleased with these, that I got myself a second Radar Path EV.

Tip: No matter what Oakley you get on your bike, go for the Prizm lenses ... makes such a huge difference and good a a wide range of weather conditions.

https://www.remo-knops.com/6115/oakley- ... rizm-road/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

kgt

by kgt

+1
My experience with Prizm lenses is very positive too.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

kgt wrote:Assos use Zeiss optics too.

Nice. Did not know this. Partially explains the 500.00 price tag. No wonder LP rocked them.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

Greatestalltime

by Greatestalltime

Oakley is far superior in every way. Imo, but it's been a long time since I've used anything else. I'd recommend radar/radar lock or M-frames.

parleez1

by parleez1

What do you wear for sunglasses with readers. I need a 2.5 power reading lens in order to read my computer. I wear xxi sunglasses made by Rudy Project with 2.5 reader lens, Rudy Project also makes a couple pairs with readers, looking brand options with reader lens, are there any?

Thanks

3Pio

by 3Pio

Im using Oakley Jawbreaker with Prizm lenses. Very pleased with them. I also appreciate that they work good with my Synthe helmet (when i wear then, and also when i put them on the helmet without wearing them).

The only negative thing with Prizm is when i ride in area with trees, and when there is bright sun spots, then shadow, sun, then shadow, in the moevmenet between sun part to shadow there is few ms (or second), where u dont see clear enough.. But i guess this is problem with all lenses...

Ltyarbro42

by Ltyarbro42

I have a set of 100%s. Best glasses I have ever had, hands down. Either lens size is designed to let air flow behind the lens and cool your face but not mess with your eyes.

motorapido

by motorapido

I use Adidas evil eye pro with Rx vision inserts,
One pair are full frame and one pair are half frames, the half frames are better with good vision and don't tend to steam up even on wet winter rides, I use them for road and mtb riding. The lenses can be angled relative to the arms and nose bridge height adjusted.

MikeD

by MikeD

I need reading glasses so I use glasses by Dual Eyewear.

BearCrawl

by BearCrawl

I just learned about/purchased the new Kask Koo Open glasses. After 5 rides they are fantastic. Bonus if you ride a Kask Helmet. They integrate nicely, although you can wear them with anything. Also use Zeis lenses. They have a full frame but it's slim.

pastronef

by pastronef

Ltyarbro42 wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:15 pm
I have a set of 100%s. Best glasses I have ever had, hands down. Either lens size is designed to let air flow behind the lens and cool your face but not mess with your eyes.
is there aly Light Transmission chart for the 100% lenses (can't find one)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

I'd love to hear about Rx options, too. I made do with the clip-in Rudys for way too long, and they offered options and were ok (really weak in fogging). Last year I finally got vision coverage, so have some Oakley half-flak with Rx photocromatic lenses. They work better, but now I'm paranoid about scratches and it'll cost if I want a second pair or need a new perscription.