Compact Handlebar with Flat Top?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

jeffy wrote:
silvalis wrote:FSA Compacts (energy, kforce, etc etc)

+1

Great bar, great bend, flat/oval tops, drops are nice and long for more hand positions.

+2 on that. Great bars, comfy as and good bend on them. I like them on my cross bikes and have ridden them on road to.

I'd also add in the Zipp Contours SLSS in, they're what I'm currently running on my road bike and I really like them

JOrange

by JOrange

https://www.biketiresdirect.com/product ... GEQAvD_BwE

^ Shimano Pro PLT Compact ergo - I own two of these and the weight is +/- a couple grams off the advertised weight. Besides that, I think it's pretty 10/10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Renne

by Renne

FSA handlebars have a great compact bend.
I'm currently using a Easton EC90 Aero and really pleased with it, a lot stiffer then the wet noodle I had before this one (Ritchey WCS Carbon Streem II).

joejack951

by joejack951

Renne wrote:FSA handlebars have a great compact bend.
I'm currently using a Easton EC90 Aero and really pleased with it, a lot stiffer then the wet noodle I had before this one (Ritchey WCS Carbon Streem II).

Interesting that you find the Ritchey bar so flexy. I don't which given the aero profile sorta surprised me. But I am also using a 40cm bar and a 110mm stem. If you have a wider and longer setup perhaps that's why our impressions are so different.

daveydoo

by daveydoo

I don't like hearing that. This was the bar I was leaning toward (in a 42).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sawyer

by sawyer

Another vote for .Ritchey streem II carbon
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

joejack951

by joejack951

daveydoo wrote:

I don't like hearing that. This was the bar I was leaning toward (in a 42).

I find it anything but noodly @73 kg and more of a climber than a sprinter, but one who likes to get out of the saddle a lot. My main points of comparison are two sets of Ritchey 31.8mm aluminum bars in 40 (Classic) and 42cm (WCS) widths and one WCS 26mm bar in 42cm all paired with Ritchey WCS aluminum stems but 100mm lengths. I have not noticed a discernible difference in flex between all three 31.8mm bars, in contrast to the 26mm which does flex noticeably.

daveydoo

by daveydoo

Thanks guys, I just pulled the trigger on the Ritchey WSC Carbon Streem II. Hopefully I will like it.

Renne

by Renne

The Ritchey just wasn't for me, I had it in 42cm with a 12cm Ritchey WCS C260 and compared to my 40cm Easton EC90 Aero with 11cm Easton EC90SL stem it was flexy. Also the bend is more of a classic shape and I like the FSA/Easton compact bend style more. Also the cable guide covers started cracking on my WCS Carbon Streem II without crashing or even falling over onto the bars :/

daveydoo

by daveydoo

Just took delivery of my new Ritchey bar. I think I'm really going to like the shape of this bar.

QUESTION: Should I be using carbon assembly paste when mounting it to the stem? I do have a proper torque wrench and there is a rough textured surface of the handlebar to prevent slipping. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk