Colnago C60 as climbing machine...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

kgt wrote:Its geometry is the main reason. Colnago is one of the masters (if not The Master) of road racing frame geometry.

Yes, the geometry, the heritage and all that jazz. Human perception play a big role on fine things we own and value. When you throw your leg over, it puts a smile on your face as nothing is impossible. As you suffer, you look down on your downtube to remind yourself to appreciate fine things in life. Colnago has a character, nevertheless emotional appeal justifies the indulgent spend.
Last edited by mpulsiv on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

kgt

by kgt

How you feel about your bike is important but geometry is something you can measure too. Not something subjective.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wwnick

by wwnick

Image wow! macedonia!

3Pio

by 3Pio

wwnick wrote:Image wow! macedonia!

If u are somewhere around, or u come in this area, just txt me to show u some of the rides (this open for everybody here).

Must to warn u.. Plenty of climbing in most of them :)

sawyer

by sawyer

mpulsiv wrote:
kgt wrote:Its geometry is the main reason. Colnago is one of the masters (if not The Master) of road racing frame geometry.

Yes, the geometry, the heritage and all that jazz. Human perception play a big role on fine things we own and value. When you throw your leg over, it puts a smile on your face as nothing is impossible. As you suffer, you look down on your downtube to remind yourself to appreciate fine things in life. Colnago has a character, nevertheless emotional appeal justifies the indulgent spend.

Yes, very true, though that can cut both ways though ... yesterday on one of my lowly Canyons I blasted past a few guys on Colnagos and sensed the shock at the cheapskate upstart going 10km/h or so faster than they were - how can it be... WTF!!?? The bikes had nothing to do with it of course, though my pro level frame, wheels, and groupset all makes it a nicer bike to ride than the average mid-level off-the-shelf Colnago.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

Bondurant

by Bondurant

You inferred a lot in the millisecond it took you to blast past there didn't you?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3Pio

by 3Pio

sawyer wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:

Yes, very true, though that can cut both ways though ... yesterday on one of my lowly Canyons I blasted past a few guys on Colnagos and sensed the shock at the cheapskate upstart going 10km/h or so faster than they were - how can it be... WTF!!?? The bikes had nothing to do with it of course, though my pro level frame, wheels, and groupset all makes it a nicer bike to ride than the average mid-level off-the-shelf Colnago.

I was considered Canyon as well (it will cost me same price as C60). But i did not choose Canyon because of not possible to test ride it (i write an e-mail to Canyon, to travel there, test ride it and if like to buy it. Their response was that they dont have test ride models). Another reason for not buying Canyong was history of broken frames here.. So i wanted something that will last longer time.. And i understund how u feel .. We feel the same here for Pinarello show up guys..

AJS914

by AJS914

sawyer wrote:... yesterday on one of my lowly Canyons I blasted past a few guys on Colnagos and sensed the shock at the cheapskate upstart going 10km/h or so faster than they were - how can it be... WTF!!??

That was all in your mind. :D :D :D

sawyer

by sawyer

Bondurant wrote:You inferred a lot in the millisecond it took you to blast past there didn't you?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It was even briefer than that :thumbup:

sawyer

by sawyer

3Pio wrote:
sawyer wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:

I was considered Canyon as well (it will cost me same price as C60). But i did not choose Canyon because of not possible to test ride it (i write an e-mail to Canyon, to travel there, test ride it and if like to buy it. Their response was that they dont have test ride models). Another reason for not buying Canyong was history of broken frames here.. So i wanted something that will last longer time.. And i understund how u feel .. We feel the same here for Pinarello show up guys..

Hi - my post was of course tongue in cheek. The real point is that while Colnago and Pina make great bikes, they won't make you any faster than another less prestigious brand, and buying it feeling some great sense of performance superiority is delusional ...

3Pio

by 3Pio

sawyer wrote:
3Pio wrote:
sawyer wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:

Hi - my post was of course tongue in cheek. The real point is that while Colnago and Pina make great bikes, they won't make you any faster than another less prestigious brand, and buying it feeling some great sense of performance superiority is delusional ...

Colnago make u faster actually. But only if its Art Decor. U ride faster to come home and to start cleaning it.. First few weeks.. Until got very dirty once, and u dont care anymore :) so u are cleaning it once in two weeks :)

3Pio

by 3Pio

Anyway, i just get back from climbing near mountain. About 900 meters climb. Today instead of mode riding like when u need to ride something very long (like climbing that 3200m which i post first), i tried to climb as fast as i can for this distance.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1122086118

I was chasing segments called:

1. Nerezi - Krst.

16.2km long, 5% average grade i had on this 224W avg (according to Strava).

2. Nerezi Brdo

5.5 km long, 6% average , i got 256W avg.

I definetely can feel difference between this frame and Pinarello FP3 which i was riding before. So still interested.. What power on climbs like this is considered to be powerfull and can make to feel difference between different frame stifness and different frames?

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

For an nonpro those are respectable average speed/steepness/distance numbers. I would actually disagree to that previous poster, I don't think you need to push 400W to feel it properly. If your heart is exploding and legs burning, frame feel is the last thing going through your head... so if you are at 165bpm and feeling great doing it, then i think it is a great bike ;)

3Pio

by 3Pio

Alexandrumarian wrote:For an nonpro those are respectable average speed/steepness/distance numbers. I would actually disagree to that previous poster, I don't think you need to push 400W to feel it properly. If your heart is exploding and legs burning, frame feel is the last thing going through your head... so if you are at 165bpm and feeling great doing it, then i think it is a great bike ;)

On segment one: My Average Heart Rate was 170 bpm and feel great :)

On segent two: My Average Heart Rate was 169 bpm and feel great :)

My max today was 183 bpm and im 42 years old (the max i had this year was 185 bpm).

Maybe i cant feel the frame difference.. But it's very good bike, and make me want to ride... And again.. In this part of the world is more status simbol to have Oltre XR4 then C60 (Aero bikes are popular, even we are surrounded with mountains :) So not so many people consider C60 as something special :) ) But u are right.. The fact that make me want to push my limits, make it special :) (at least for me :) )

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

I'm 37 and fairly overweight, I take it down a notch when I reach 170 because I want to return home to my family in one piece :) But in any case, assuming I'd have a heart over mind budget, a black C60 with SR would be first on the list. Best bang for the buck, Canyon frame with Chorus :)