Where this small part come from?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

3Pio

by 3Pio

Today i was doing regular maintence and cleaning of my bike (Colnago C60, Campagnolo Record, Bora One 35 Tubular / Shamal Ultra Clincher). Cleaning, removing cassette and chain to clean with degreaser, put it all together back. While i was removing cassette of my Bora One 35, on the floor i noticed this small part, and cant figure out where does come from? (Not sure if somehow is part of Bora Wheelset, or maybe part of some other bike component). Its enough width for skewer to be put on, but i analized Bora and Shamal skewers they dont have this kind of part..

Can anyone recognize what is this part and where does come from?

Last edited by 3Pio on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

audiojan

by audiojan

Looks like a brake pad shim.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

cymans

by cymans

Looks like a chain roller bearing......if you split your chain to clean it, then check the join to see if its missing.

Cyman.

kookie

by kookie

Funny I posted on another bike forum the same question with similar picture....

If you used a chain whip to remove your cassette, check the chain links on the chain whip. I found a similar looking piece on the floor and couldn't figure out where it came from. Then one day I noticed a chain link on the chain whip tool was damaged.

3Pio

by 3Pio

kookie wrote:Funny I posted on another bike forum the same question with similar picture....

If you used a chain whip to remove your cassette, check the chain links on the chain whip. I found a similar looking piece on the floor and couldn't figure out where it came from. Then one day I noticed a chain link on the chain whip tool was damaged.

cymans wrote:Looks like a chain roller bearing......if you split your chain to clean it, then check the join to see if its missing.

Cyman.

Bingo.. It was chain roller bearing from the Chain Whip.. Thanks a lot guys :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.