WR Compositi handlebar

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Shmitt

by Shmitt

I know that the handlebar is strickly personal choice to a biker as saddle, but I want to ask You about two handlebars from WR Compositi - RM15 and RM08. What I want to know is the ergonomic with sram red mechanical. There is no drop angle like others (like MCFK). Should I be worried with operation shifters from drop?

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

Shmitt wrote:I know that the handlebar is strickly personal choice to a biker as saddle, but I want to ask You about two handlebars from WR Compositi - RM15 and RM08. What I want to know is the ergonomic with sram red mechanical. There is no drop angle like others (like MCFK). Should I be worried with operation shifters from drop?

You're right, handlebars like saddles are a personal choice.

I use FSA K Force Nano K bars, 125mm reach, 80mm drops.
And ride in the drops for 95% of the time and have no problem using the shifters, when descending I prefer to be in the drops to confidently applying the brakes, oh and speed.

So I'm assuming you shouldn't have any problems.

There not asxpensive as I first thought when I saw the website.
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MauMiranda

by MauMiranda

They don't last and customer service sucks.

Got one Alpha seat-post, saddle, stem and handlebar, plus water bottle cages:
- the Alpha saddle broke on first use under a 54 kg ex Cat 2 racer (gave it to him as a gift) and
- the handlebar cracked in two sections under my 64 kgs.

I've used carbon handlebars from Cinelli, Specialized S-Works and Deda Superleggera; WR is not only the one that lasted the least, but also the only to crack in two different spots! The others left me when I sold the bikes except for a Deda, which got replaced under guaranty.
My friend who got the WR saddle has saddles from AX Lightness, Tune and Schmolke in 10 different bikes and all have hold quite long or still work. WR lasted for a few Kms!

Finally and worst of it all, is the really bad customer service from WR Compositi. Have dealt with Deda and Berk with guaranty issues in the past and their service has been exceptional (one being a bigger company and the other smaller). WR attention and answers were quite disappointing, to say the least.

Good notes: the water bottle cages are nice, light and hold the water bottles quite well. The WR products' design is beautiful... but beauty without backing is not enough.

And to wrap it all, Ali Katir from Epoca Bikes, who installed said pieces on my custom made bicycle, answered sending replacement parts -i.e. Deda SL (no more WR). Great customer service.

Greatestalltime

by Greatestalltime

Glad I read this. I was about to buy Wr stem,bars, and post. Sounds like you feel very strongly that it is crap.

Suggestions on Italian matching carbon stem post and bars?
I'm building a De Rosa and anything else would be uncivilized.
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted the quote. PP

MauMiranda

by MauMiranda

Deda but do be mindful of torque (never exceed limits and be even amongst screws tightening the same piece). Excellent Italian quality with good customer service. Deda Superleggera line is amazing in the weight : durability : cost relation. It's top-of-the-line, thus expect to pay for it. Having an Italian bike, also consider 3T.

If looking for rims consider the CyberClinch LTD from Extralite: https://www.extralite.com/Products/CyberClinch-LTD.html With the ceramic ballbearings. The lightest found in aluminum and hold quite well. Only issue is checking the spokes tension every now and then.

The Berk saddles are amazing as well. More if you need a wide one (up to 155 mm) and bit more resistant carbon when choosing the Innegra version. Do check his Instagram first, he has more color mixes to offer than those shown in the web-site. https://www.berk-composites.com/product ... s/saddles/

Italian saddle that I personally like a lot: http://www.sellesmp.com/en/saddles/professional.html

Enjoy putting it together! Cheers.

Greatestalltime

by Greatestalltime

Thanks!

Seedster

by Seedster

I have WR stem, bar and seatpost on my De Rosa and they are really well made and quite striking. My cockpit is very stiff and i haven't had any manufacturing issues.

Greatestalltime

by Greatestalltime

Yes. I remember your Protos. The WR looks excellent and that mostly why I was going g that route. This guy seems to have seen several failures. It Does make me question the reliability.

kgt

by kgt

No experience of WR but I doubt their quality is worst than others. It is a company that exists since decades, used to do seatposts for Colnago for many years, if I remember well.
Just bad luck for MauMiranda maybe...

Shmitt

by Shmitt

So what to think about WR compositi products? One write - total sucks, other one - no problems with handlebars, stems....
Does anyone else use WR ?

corky

by corky

I have an Alpha seatpost..... no complaints

Greatestalltime

by Greatestalltime

There is no question WR make some of the best looking products. Imo. Hopefully they get some more positive reviews here.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

I'm interested in trying some of their products but re seller's appear very limited and none that I have dealt with before, any recommendations on who to buy through?

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

beanbiken

by beanbiken

kgt wrote:http://ciclicorsa.com

Yeah, thanks KGT ............ they were the only one that really came up but I hadn't heard of them before............. I'll shot a query to them and see what the response is?
BB

Coffee & carbon