eebrakes becoming loose and rattling...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Hi,

Has anyone encountered eebrakes developping a lot of play/looseness/rattling in the lateral adjustment assembly? My rear rattles a lot and doesn't keep it's adjustment, I need to fiddle with it a few times per ride as after a while, one side's pad will start rubbing the rim, even with setting the pads to be very far from the rim and making sure the gaps are even at the start of a ride... No play in the rear hub, not much flex in the rear wheel either. Brakes are the latest generation regular mount made by Cane Creek.

The bushing pivots also seem to become very sticky after a while but a few drops of dry lube in the pivots seem to help... Front one seems fine, but it probably doesn't get as much water and dirt when riding in bad weather.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

1415chris

by 1415chris

Have you checked if the eccentric caliper mounting bolt assembly is properly secured, especially the bolt securing the caliper on the eccentric main bolt?
Although I have MkII version, but I think this assembly is still the same in the newest version (?).

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

The newer ones don't have the eccentric bolt, just a normal mounting bolt and I checked and it's tight.

LeviR

by LeviR

I would contact Craig at EECycle.

There are replacement parts you can get to update the rattling parts specially the centering bolt.

kode54

by kode54

1415chris wrote:Have you checked if the eccentric caliper mounting bolt assembly is properly secured, especially the bolt securing the caliper on the eccentric main bolt?
Although I have MkII version, but I think this assembly is still the same in the newest version (?).

the newer versions don't come with an eccentric mounting bolt anymore. just the early models.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Got a response back, it's okay to put a drop or two of blue loctite on the adjuster's thread. Apparently they put some during assembly but mine had either worn off or just didn't have enough.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com