Have Colnago done away with the inner metal sleeve in the C60 BB?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wilwil

by wilwil

c60rider wrote:When I bought my C60 mhcf end of last year the dealer said there was the option to have mechanical or a dual use frame. So if yours is mechanical only then it won't have a charging hole. There's normally a hole underneath the downtube lug at the bottom bracket marked up as charging plug and another just below and slightly in front of the front mech hanger on the seat tube. That's what the rubber bungs are for. If you don't have both of those holes then it's a mechanical frame only.

Mine is dual use and it hasn't got a charging hole. The bungs are for the holes next to the mechs except the the back one does fit properly.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wilwil

by wilwil

benp wrote:Received my C60 last week. Full steel BB shell and charging point below BB. I should add when I placed my order I was told they had my frame size in stock and it just needed painting. There is nothing to tell when my frame was actually assembled and it could have been quite a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told they don't have 'stock frames'. What size is it?

wilwil

by wilwil

Sleepless wrote:Ouch. My warrantied frame hopefully will arrive before 4th August (when Colnago goes on holiday) and I still don't know if it's a repair or total replacement. But this one doesn't really inspire confidence.

Good luck with both the date and the quality.

Sleepless

by Sleepless

Thank you wilwil. At this point I'm feeling very cold with my C60. It's been exactly 1 year since my original order and I only had like 500 km on it. I could use the money on better things. I seriously consider selling it as soon as it arrives. If anyone interested in a 56s MHWH, hit me up. :)

wilwil

by wilwil

Sleepless wrote:Thank you wilwil. At this point I'm feeling very cold with my C60. It's been exactly 1 year since my original order and I only had like 500 km on it. I could use the money on better things. I seriously consider selling it as soon as it arrives. If anyone interested in a 56s MHWH, hit me up. :)

What was wrong with yours?

benp

by benp

wilwil wrote:
benp wrote:Received my C60 last week. Full steel BB shell and charging point below BB. I should add when I placed my order I was told they had my frame size in stock and it just needed painting. There is nothing to tell when my frame was actually assembled and it could have been quite a while.

I was told they don't have 'stock frames'. What size is it?

58S

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I also wish they'd do something more normal with the bottom bracket. It's a shame this bike isn't bb30 compatible and that damn thing won't quit creaking..

Digger90

by Digger90

Imaking20 wrote:I also wish they'd do something more normal with the bottom bracket. It's a shame this bike isn't bb30 compatible and that damn thing won't quit creaking..

You mean "68mm English threaded" of course. :D

Imaking20

by Imaking20

That too

Sleepless

by Sleepless

wilwil wrote:
Sleepless wrote:Thank you wilwil. At this point I'm feeling very cold with my C60. It's been exactly 1 year since my original order and I only had like 500 km on it. I could use the money on better things. I seriously consider selling it as soon as it arrives. If anyone interested in a 56s MHWH, hit me up. :)

What was wrong with yours?

Cracked top tube.

drabir

by drabir

This seems like the most relevant thread so posting the question here. A friend is racing in the UCI Gran Fondo World Champs in a week. Today, the metal sleeve inside his Colnago C59 Bb broke apart. Anyone has any idea on how to remove that sleeve in a normal scenario? His Lbs is at a loss at the moment and any hints would help.

In the meantime have asked him to look for a rental. Attached two photos for gig guys to a take a look.

He can buy a replacement bb and sleeve but can't figure out how to remove the broken one ImageImage

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

3Pio

by 3Pio

I just realized analyzing how to remove bb cups from the frame, that mine C60 2016 (i bought it end of July), in Italy, official dealer that also dont have the alloy inserts and that is similar design as OP on this thread.

If i have to choose i'll definetely get version with alloy cups, since this one look like a bit compromise. Probably the save some weight, but still definetely prefer little extra weight vs non insert like in Calnago pictures...

For now no problems, and hope will stay like that....Im really interested for more reports about this specially if someone have 2017 or 2018 version frame...

wilwil

by wilwil

3Pio wrote:I just realized analyzing how to remove bb cups from the frame, that mine C60 2016 (i bought it end of July), in Italy, official dealer that also dont have the alloy inserts and that is similar design as OP on this thread.

If i have to choose i'll definetely get version with alloy cups, since this one look like a bit compromise. Probably the save some weight, but still definetely prefer little extra weight vs non insert like in Calnago pictures...

For now no problems, and hope will stay like that....Im really interested for more reports about this specially if someone have 2017 or 2018 version frame...

I noticed in the pictures in your other thread that your BB is the same as mine, without a full aluminium sleeve. I have no creaking problems with mine so far. The new C60s in my local bike shop in the UK have full aluminium sleeve. It seems the frames destined for UK and the USA have full sleeve. The frames for Europe do not.

3Pio

by 3Pio

wilwil wrote:
3Pio wrote:I just realized analyzing how to remove bb cups from the frame, that mine C60 2016 (i bought it end of July), in Italy, official dealer that also dont have the alloy inserts and that is similar design as OP on this thread.

I noticed in the pictures in your other thread that your BB is the same as mine, without a full aluminium sleeve. I have no creaking problems with mine so far. The new C60s in my local bike shop in the UK have full aluminium sleeve. It seems the frames destined for UK and the USA have full sleeve. The frames for Europe do not.

That's weird, since their marketing was based around that metal sleevs in bottom bracket/headset and they quitely changed that.. Also dont have creaking problems with mine, i have scratched campagnolo bb cup, so that how i start analyzing more detailing..

Anyway, there is another friend who have C60 (he bought it in Slovenia), in trad geometry and he bought it in 2016 June.. I'll check his BB as soon as he is doing some service there...

While we are around BB and C60.. What tool u use to remove campagnolo UT Cups?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wilwil

by wilwil

I think I used a Park headset removal tool. You have to ensure it engages on the inside edge not the edge thats in contact with the BB. It doesn't matter if that edge gets slightly damaged as it is not in contact with the frame. There are probably better tools for this job though.