Shimano Pro Vibe Di2 stem's computer mount option.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TonyM

by TonyM

Hamfist wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 3:24 pm
billrush wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 12:20 pm
I ordered the Mount Vibe Di2-XL Pro mentioned above this week May 1 2018. It said they were on back order. I then emailed the company and he said they would have them to Ship in July for sure and maybe June. That’s a bummer. I also asked my local Shimano dealer this week to try and order the K-edge model for my Garmin 1030 PRAC0137 and was told it is listed as not yet available. Lots of dead ends here.
That's not good. I'm in the US, too, and neither seem like viable options at this point. Maybe I'll just have to design one myself and have it built.
As nothing was available a few months ago I took a regular K-Edge Garmin mount and grated it. It takes some time to get it properly fitted but it works fine.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hamfist

by Hamfist

TonyM wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 7:07 pm
Hamfist wrote:
billrush wrote:
I ordered the Mount Vibe Di2-XL Pro mentioned above this week May 1 2018. It said they were on back order. I then emailed the company and he said they would have them to Ship in July for sure and maybe June. That’s a bummer. I also asked my local Shimano dealer this week to try and order the K-edge model for my Garmin 1030 PRAC0137 and was told it is listed as not yet available. Lots of dead ends here.
That's not good. I'm in the US, too, and neither seem like viable options at this point. Maybe I'll just have to design one myself and have it built.
As nothing was available a few months ago I took a regular K-Edge Garmin mount and grated it. It takes some time to get it properly fitted but it works fine.

Good idea. If you can tell after you made it fit, what kind of shape does the Pro bar have? Is it an oval?

TonyM

by TonyM

Yes oval but differently depending on the distance to the stem. Quite unique shape. That’s why K-Edge needed to make one model specifically for the Pro bars.

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Look here http://edge-mount.bike/?product_cat=vibe-di2

Looking for a Garmin Out-Front mount ?

--->> http://edge-mount.bike
See all my bike h e r e

billrush

by billrush

Tillquist, that Mount is on backorder. Due in July

Tillquist

by Tillquist

billrush wrote:Tillquist, that Mount is on backorder. Due in July
Yes

Looking for a Garmin Out-Front mount ?

--->> http://edge-mount.bike
See all my bike h e r e

billrush

by billrush

Hard to imagine the back story of how Shimano dropped the ball on this. I suspect they counted on the original mount which Team Sky used which used the lower two rear stem bolts and that plan blew up when engineering said it wasn’t safe. Total speculation on my part. But not Garmin mount makes no sense at this point. While I wait, I’m using the rubber banded mount on top of the stem. Not horrible.

Hamfist

by Hamfist

billrush wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 1:25 pm
Hard to imagine the back story of how Shimano dropped the ball on this. I suspect they counted on the original mount which Team Sky used which used the lower two rear stem bolts and that plan blew up when engineering said it wasn’t safe. Total speculation on my part. But not Garmin mount makes no sense at this point. While I wait, I’m using the rubber banded mount on top of the stem. Not horrible.
That's basically what I've landed on. I've rigged up the Garmin Out Front mount to work on my Pro handlebar with some extra padding. It's a bit lopsided but I'll deal with it. For my gravel bike I'm rolling wiht the rubber band stem mount. This is with a 1030 that I recently got.

giolopez

by giolopez

TonyM wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:38 pm
modularwave wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:18 pm
I am in the US - Seattle, Washington. The distributor actually said it would be available first in Europe so I was surprised they were able to send one to me.
Good to know. Thanks!
Hello, can you help me with the dealer name?

I tried here in California and no one knows hot to get the mount. I still using a steam strap for mount my computer

TonyM

by TonyM

Contact your LBS or directly Shimano USA:

SHIMANO NORTH AMERICA HOLDING, INC. / SHIMANO NORTH AMERICA BICYCLE, INC.

One Holland, Irvine, California 92618 U.S.A.
Phone: +1-949-951-5003 / Fax: +1-949-768-0920

bas

by bas

Has anyone found something to work for SRM headunits?

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Edge mount still back order at this moment. Next due is March 2019.
Anyone try K-edge version with bar that is not Pro Vibe Aero bar?
Like Using Enve bar + Pro Vibe Di2 stem instead.

cveks

by cveks

I have very good Chinese cheap stem mount which mounts with 2 bolts on my integrated aero handlebar. Looks perfectly good and clean much better than my handlebar mount on my other bike.

vicpf

by vicpf

TonyM wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 7:07 pm
Hamfist wrote:
billrush wrote:

looks great in all black the mount, how you can do it?

TiCass

by TiCass

Is there any option other than the K-Edge and the Edge-Mount?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com