New sram pf30 design

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Anybody used a new sram pf30 bb where the bearing shields actually continue into the inside of the bearing race to sit between the spindle and inner bearing race? I have checked and it doesn't change the diameter, it still accepts a 30mm spindle easily. Just haven't seen this before.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

New version also has much more overlap on the center sleeve, so that it can extend to cover the wider length of a 386EVO shell. Installed one on a friend's new Open UP earlier this week along with a Force 1 crankset.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

grover

by grover

I've got really positive outcomes with them. The plastic sleeve extending between bearing and spindle seems to stop the creaking you'd often get. Having the plastic shell helps too. Many of our Cannondale's come with FSA PF30 bottom brackets. Alloy shell, steel bearing races that contact directly with alloy spindle. Often installed with minimal grease at the factory. Seeing as I have to pull them out to install properly I just replace with a SRAM one and get silent use for ages until the bearings themselves are worn out.

uraqt

by uraqt

Link, pix?

Please and thank you ..

C