Rebuilding Sram HydroR calipers

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Has anyone rebuilt a Sram HydroR disc caliper with new piston seals?

I have a Rival post mount caliper with a sticky piston where no amount of piston advance, cleaning or lubrication seem to help. Unless anyone has further ideas for me to try I am now looking at buying service kit 11.5018.029.000 and replacing the piston and seals.

Fitting new seals without disassembling the whole caliper seems difficult, but what I am concerned about is how the two halves of the caliper fit together. Is there an o-ring or other form of seal where the fluid passes between the halves? It is not obvious from the spare parts catalogue but no additional seals seem to be included in the service kit or otherwise available.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlok

by jlok

Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Like the mtb calipers the fluid goes through the banjo bolt, not the caliper shell per se, there will be 3 or 4 o-rings on that bolt. Rebuilding is simple, and the road calipers will let you remove the pistons without cracking the calipers in half if you have the right red block spacer thing. Be sure to keep the fluid off your paint
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde