2018 CAMPAG HO RD vs 2015 CAMPAG RD

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

Boshk wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:22 pm
graeme_f_k wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:36 pm
joeyb1000 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:35 pm
wwnick, I just did what you are asking about. I replaced a 2015 Record derailleur with an HO medium cage. I can't really see the difference, but it works perfectly.
FYI, the medium cage works as well (or better) as the regular cage on all my cassettes.
The RDs have been changed around the top pivot area. This helps to accommodate the increased cross-loads that come from a longer (medium) cage when it's fully extended (in the big-to-big full cross). This will have knock-on effect for all cassettes' shifting.

The deatil of Campagnolo's recommendations includes their comment that 11-32 and 11-29 both benefit from the use of an HO medium cage (even though a short cage is all that is actually required for the 11-29). We've also seen (in the field) nicer shifting on a 27 bottom.
does that mean a Chorus 11-32 cassette will be coming out soon since the Chorus has a Med cage RD? or are they expecting people to use Potenza 11-32 with the HO Chorus?
We're not aware of any immediate plan for a Chorus 11-32 cassette.
I don't know for sure but knowing the pain and agony R and D went through on the 12s cassette (and the change in construction of the triplets), albeit for subtly different reasons, I wonder if the alloy spider / rivetted steel design on the Chorus cassette was judged unsuitable for the extra torque-tansfer demands that the 32 puts on the final sprocket as compared to the 29. I'm at the factory in a couple of week, I'll ask the question.
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

xcnick wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:01 pm
graeme_f_k wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:34 pm
PO Centuar 11 RDs can only be used with Centaur 11 shifter systems.
Is the ‘PO’ here a typo?
Whoops, sorry @ xcnick, yes, it is :oops: .
Should just read "Centuar 11 RDs can only be used with Centaur 11 shifter systems."
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!