Aestheics Quesition - Gloss/Matte Cranks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dagger9903

by Dagger9903

A bit of a vanity question. :roll:

I'm looking at THM Clavicula SE's, but not sure which will go better with a glossy finish frame; matte or gloss cranks.

Anyone have any thoughts or examples of matte or glossy cranks (black color) on a gloss finished frame (dark silver)?

Is there a rule of thumb for such a thing? :noidea:

Also, saddle is black, wheels are dark label Bora Ultra 50s.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

I've been having the same thoughts for my spare bike, big decisions. :) I have the SE crank in Matte finishish with matching Fibula brakes as I have a Matte bike, I personally would go with the gloss, but what finish is your stem and post, did you want those to match to.

Dagger9903

by Dagger9903

KCookie wrote:I've been having the same thoughts for my spare bike, big decisions. :) I have the SE crank in Matte finishish with matching Fibula brakes as I have a Matte bike, I personally would go with the gloss, but what finish is your stem and post, did you want those to match to.

That's a great point and not one I considered. They will be gloss (integrated bar/stem), so I guess gloss all around makes sense. Thanks!

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I have black matte THM's to go with my matte black drive side of my parlee z5. The black matte also matches the praxis rings a little better. NDS is matte white
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault