Spied 2018 Cervelo s3

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
yosshaa

by yosshaa

I think I stumbled upon the 2018 cervelo s3 paint scheme.... what do you think? Better than the black with the touch of red on the head/top tube?

Personally I like the 2015 scheme with more red and the black seat tube to seat post.

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

wingguy

by wingguy

That's going to be one of them. Cervelo are updating the paint schemes on pretty much everything that wasn't new for 2017 already. IIRC the only ones that aren't changing are the P5X, new S5, new R5/R3 and S3 disc. Everything else is being changed to a coherent design scheme across the range, more bright colours and at least two options on everything.

andylav

by andylav

Bring back the original SLC SL / R3 SL black and white (or the R3 reversed white and black) from 2007/8 - simple, clean and elegant

Alternatively, a proper black on black still looks much better than a lot of their recent mish mashes

topflightpro

by topflightpro

andylav wrote:Bring back the original SLC SL / R3 SL black and white (or the R3 reversed white and black) from 2007/8 - simple, clean and elegant

Agreed. SLC-SL was a gorgeous frame.

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

I like it. Just hope the black is really black, not the greyish colour, that doesn't match the seatpost

/Martin
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

NiFTY

by NiFTY

How ugly are their layups that they have to paint a carbon frame black? I agree the original 2007/8 paint schemes were perfection
Evo 5.02kg SL3 6.77 Slice RS 8.89 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

NiFTY wrote:How ugly are their layups that they have to paint a carbon frame black? I agree the original 2007/8 paint schemes were perfection

Why would the layup be any more ugly than other brands who also paint the whole frame? And why does a fully painted frame suggest that something ugly is hidden beneath the paint?

I actually like black being black, and I really like the fact that colours are comming back - moving away from stealth (or at least I hope we're mowing away)

/Martin
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

fa63

by fa63

That seatpost is the king of ugly.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Martin.dk wrote:
NiFTY wrote:How ugly are their layups that they have to paint a carbon frame black? I agree the original 2007/8 paint schemes were perfection

Why would the layup be any more ugly than other brands who also paint the whole frame? And why does a fully painted frame suggest that something ugly is hidden beneath the paint?

I actually like black being black, and I really like the fact that colours are comming back - moving away from stealth (or at least I hope we're mowing away)

/Martin

If they are painting it another colour that is a different thing. But carbon is already black. And clearcoat alone is lighter than black paint + clearcoat. I don't think cervelo have released a single mass market carbon on view frame for years and years. To me this speaks of economics rather than the personal taste of cervelo designers.
Evo 5.02kg SL3 6.77 Slice RS 8.89 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Broady

by Broady

fa63 wrote:That seatpost is the king of ugly.

So bad.

1415chris

by 1415chris

NiFTY wrote:But carbon is already black.

More charcoal, but definitely not black.
With the new seatpost, they improved functionality but the same time made it visually less attractive.

wingguy

by wingguy

NiFTY wrote:If they are painting it another colour that is a different thing.

No, it's the same thing. Because lots of other big brands also paint lots of frames black or mostly black.

andylav

by andylav

I took a 2007 SLC carbon (the red and black frame that CSC raced) back to bare carbon with the intention of applying some 'ghost' logos to the downtube and lacquering it some years ago but there was so much filler in and around the headtube, seat tube and bottom bracket that I had to repaint it.

Had the white R3 at the same time and loved both frames and would be very interested in going back to a Cervelo again - either the S3 or the new R5 - but for the paint schemes, the seat post on the S3 and the cable entry points on the top tube of the R5.

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

fa63 wrote:That seatpost is the king of ugly.

Cervelo managed to design probably the ugliest in the business!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

by Weenie

wheelie

by wheelie

anyone already got the ultegra 8000 regular brake version in size 56? how much is the weight? tnx.