FSA K-Force WE Wireless Electronic groupset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Miller

by Miller

Cyclingnews and other online sites are plastered with adverts for the new FSA electronic groupset K-Force WE but there seems not much interest here. Has anyone used it or is intending to?

I won't be, as it happens, as I'm liking EPS.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

New it was coming but didn't know it had actually been released. Curious but currently note a candidate

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Off topic for pure road, but i wonder how it holds up against competition riding gravel, mud and even winter.
Minus for Sram, FD clearance allows maximum 35mm tires.
This might be further limited pending on rims inner width.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Is it lighter than the SRAM eTap system (shifters + derailleurs) ? That's the question.

Actual weights would be nice... and none of that "well we're including the cranks and chain and other sht" in the weights, because anyone who actually gives a crap about the mass of their bikes is unlikely to just default to the brand-standard without considering, and weighing, other options.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

I've used it but not for any extended period of time. First impressions were positive, but will take a wait and see approach.

I spoke with FSA about availability just the other day and was told that they have a very limited shipment coming Sept which is already allocated to OEM. Aftermarket won't be until Nov. So still a few months before anyone really gets to put some miles on it.

Ritxis

by Ritxis

I find it very rare that is not being used in the Tour de France (The best showcase....) When the group is ready for months? And it was said that the team Cofidis and some other but would use it....................

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

I’d kinda thought these were vapourware/never to be actually available.

https://www.merlincycles.com/fsa-k-forc ... 25527.html

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

I don't understand who their target market is supposed to be. K-Force WE MSRP seems to be maybe 20% higher than Sram Red eTap, but the difference in actual street price for savvy shoppers is much bigger. While MSRP does seem lower than Dura-Ace Di2 street price the latter still has a lower street price. Who in their right mind would spend more to buy WE rather than Red eTap or DA Di2?

tabl10s

by tabl10s

Miller wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:53 am
Cyclingnews and other online sites are plastered with adverts for the new FSA electronic groupset K-Force WE but there seems not much interest here. Has anyone used it or is intending to?

I won't be, as it happens, as I'm liking EPS.
Have had the calipers for over a year and like them.
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

A new 11-speed group, when everyone's going to 12 speed (or 13). This group is a day late and a dollar short.

Ritxis

by Ritxis

FIJIGabe wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:26 pm
A new 11-speed group, when everyone's going to 12 speed (or 13). This group is a day late and a dollar short.

Two years ago, I was practically ready, and finally on sale...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have who buys it while the ESP 12 speed and ready, and the new eTap almost....Over the WE looking like toy and expensive...........

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Killer price! Only $700 more than Dura Ace Di2 :laughat: FSA
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Never even thought about it... Just swapped my Tarmac SL5 from Di2 to Super Record EPS, and impatiently waiting for EPS 12 for my SL6 and Venge.. Raptor and Falcon are getting imatient while they wait to get built...

Roel W

by Roel W

This topic has been dead since Nov 2018 but on Dutch site fiets.nl there's an article of a prototype FSA We with disc brakes on a Colnago C64 of former pro rider Ludo Dierckxens:
https://www.fiets.nl/2019/06/21/review- ... et-fsa-we/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

engsohere

by engsohere

Any owner update with this groupset? There are some negative reviews on the previous-gen FSA cranksets regarding pedal inserts coming loose, and lack of service from FSA to correct the issue. Just checking if they sorted out those bugs.