Addict SL opinions on value

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AddictSL58

by AddictSL58

Hi all,

I've been a lurker here for a few years now and have had to create a new account as my old one couldn't be recovered.

I'm currently considering a new build (Ti frame) and considering moving on a bike I've owned for many years now and have become quite attached to, the deciding factor in selling it would be how much I could recover from the sale to contribute towards my new build...

The bike is a 2009 Scott Addict SL in XL (58), spec is as follows:

Mavis Ksyrium SL Premium Wheelset

Full Chorus 11spd groupset with 50/34 & 11/28

New KMC Gold chain

Bontrager Xxx lite seat post

Fizik Arione R7 Saddle

Pro Stealth Evo integrated bar/stem 42/110

Bike is in fantastic condition having only covered 2,000 dry miles from new, it even has the plastic film on the chainstay guard and comes with all paperwork including the hand written frame inspection sheet.

I'm not sure what the following is like for these bikes these days but I've never rode anything quite like it, it climbs, handles and accelerates like nothing I've rode before, very sharp bike and still puts most modern stuff to shame....

Appreciate any opinions on value, Would strictly be a cash on collection sale face to face so no shipping at all (too risky), I'm based in the north of England.

Photos below (not a for sale ad)

Cheers!

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Not as much as you're probably hoping for. It's a 2009, that makes it almost 10 years old. They're great frames, but I picked one up brand new from a dealer in 2010 for about 1200 usd. Add 7 years on and it's used...
Speedplay is the devil!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kulivontot

by kulivontot

I think it's a nice bike, you'll enjoy it, just don't spend a whole lot of money on it

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Very nice bike! Top condition. Good luck with your decision! :beerchug:

I agree with mdeth1313's assessment. Sadly, it's "old" now and not collectible (yet?).

I may sell my '09 R1 frameset (size XS) and would be ecstatic to get $250. Much less than that and it may not be worth the hassle, so it may hang in my garage unused forever! Ha. :o It suffers from the same age and uncollectible issues.

AddictSL58

by AddictSL58

Thanks for your views guys!

With regards to it becoming collectible in the future I'm not so sure, had it been in Cavendish colour scheme/spec (RC I believe) with period Dura Ace and Ritchey finishing kit then I believe it might have stood a chance but not this one, just another over priced when new bike that's depreciated and grown old :lol:

I may chance an eBay auction with a reserve price of what would make me happy to sell it and see what happens but I'm reluctant to expose myself to the masses of time wasters and chancers such things seem to attract.

Hellgate

by Hellgate

Part it out to get the most money. A whole bike isn't worth much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

gewichtweenie

by gewichtweenie

maybe 1600,1700 EUR, mostly because im not a fan of the fork styling

Delorre

by Delorre

I've sold my 2 years old Canyon ultimate cf slx with record mix, shamals and Ritchey Superlogic stuf for 1900€. I wouldn't expect more than 1500€ for the bike as is :cry:

AddictSL58

by AddictSL58

Not too far off guys, I may create a listing and see what happens, it'll be a sad day though if I do part with it!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com