Cannondale 2018 road bikes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

willmac

by willmac

If you look at the dealer book. The matte finish has fine print below it stating it's not to spec and final finish is gloss.

EspenS

by EspenS

willmac wrote:If you look at the dealer book. The matte finish has fine print below it stating it's not to spec and final finish is gloss.

I checked this with a request to Cannondale support (US), for this specific model (S6 hi mod disc dura ace). They told me that the matte black colour scheme is the US version, and the glossy black colour scheme is the European version, both versions exclusive to their respective regions. I did not ask about the other regions.

That might be correct as all the Europe based webshops (Evans, Bike24, etc) and editorials (Road CC) I´ve seen so far only has a picture of the glossy version. However the Cannondale site for the European region still has a picture of the matte version, not the glossy one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

topflightpro

by topflightpro

Hmm, on the US site, I'm seeing it in matte and glossy versions (DA vs DA Di2) and both list the same color code - MCH.

EspenS

by EspenS

I asked support about this as well and they answer: "Yes, they do have the same code since the base colors, highlights and logos are identical but the finish is different and exclusive to the respective versions (Dura Ace Mechanical is matte and the Di2 is gloss)."

So the conclusion so far, based on answers from Cannondale support, is that the S6 Hi Mod DA Disc is matte in the US, glossy in Europe, (did not ask about other regions), and that the Cannondale website for Europe has the wrong pictures for this specific model.

willmac

by willmac

http://www.cyclingsportsgroup.co.uk/my18-ddr/

Link to the uk stuff. Pretty detailed but don't know about US

Sasmf

by Sasmf

Why is there no Ultegra level disc bike for the US market BUT there is one for UK market? Strange.

thumper88

by thumper88

Cannondale retains its title for "most adult-minded color schemes."
Specialized meanwhile could not be more hit or miss.

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Hi everyone, maybe you an help me figure out why the Caad 12 eTap is listed with Red crankset but its shown with Quarq Prime Power Meter Crankset? Or do I have this all wrong as to how the Red crankset looks. Im moving over from Campy so please go easy on me:)
thank you

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

digitalnorbs wrote:Hi everyone, maybe you an help me figure out why the Caad 12 eTap is listed with Red crankset but its shown with Quarq Prime Power Meter Crankset? Or do I have this all wrong as to how the Red crankset looks. Im moving over from Campy so please go easy on me:)
thank you

It does say Quarq on the crank arm. Most likely an error.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

There is usually a little note in the catalog or on the website somewhere, buried in fine print, that says bike specs are subject to change.

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Thank you

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

So now I have another question LOL
Quarq Prime Power Meter Crankset that is on there, is that considered better or worse then a Sram Red Crankset?

Bonus question: Dura Ace mechanical or eTap. Going back and forth in my head on the options

Thank you

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

digitalnorbs wrote:So now I have another question LOL
Quarq Prime Power Meter Crankset that is on there, is that considered better or worse then a Sram Red Crankset?

Bonus question: Dura Ace mechanical or eTap. Going back and forth in my head on the options

Thank you
I would say it depends on if you want a power meter? Also, are you buying a complete bike or building a frameset? The Caad only comes in DA disk or Etap rim.. so if you are buying one of those they are vastly different. I have the Caad12 orange etap frame I built up and love it. I would now consider Red Mechanical if I did it over though. Nothing wrong with Etap, just miss the feedback of mechanical.

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Hapsmo911, looks like I might be getting a good deal on a full build. Just having a hard time making up my mind.
I wonder if the Supersix DA should be added to the mix. 5K or so is my max, plus a get a little discount which makes this
a sweet purchase. Just need to decade which one LOL

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

digitalnorbs wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:52 am
Hapsmo911, looks like I might be getting a good deal on a full build. Just having a hard time making up my mind.
I wonder if the Supersix DA should be added to the mix. 5K or so is my max, plus a get a little discount which makes this
a sweet purchase. Just need to decade which one LOL
Thats a lot of cash. Lots of options. That said heres an idea what that buys at my LBS..

http://www.goridebicycles.com/goride/?page_id=412

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com