Cannondale 2018 road bikes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

phlip

by phlip

glam2deaf wrote:The awesome news is the CAAD12 Disc is coming in Purple.

The purple CAAD12 Disc was available in at least the UK and USA in 2017, are they continuing it or pushing it into more regions for 2018?

LD001 wrote:Found and like this one: Evo Non himod with Etap and Hollowgram SL wheels.

That is rather good looking indeed.

My favourites are the Synapse SE with Apex 1 and tan sidewall tyres. Nicest colour and design I have ever seen on a Cannondale - maybe even any off-the-peg bicycle. One colour, an unobstrusive "Cannondale" on the down tube. No garishly contrasting colours, no stripes, no rolling around advertising the brand. The men's and the women's model seem to be identical in geometry and spec, I am having a hard time deciding between the red and blue.

2018 Slate are very nice too IMHO.

A pity the black CAAD12 still retains the grey fork, a fully black (or grey) one I would have bought instantly. I hope the Jap CAAD12 COLOURS thing comes to Europe as well.

jlok

by jlok

this is nice, more special than the red.
http://cf-prd.cannondale.com/~/media/Im ... 946&mh=630
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

These matted metallic paint jobs with ghosted lettering are very Canyon-esque.

willmac

by willmac

IMG_6346.JPG
Purple caad12 gets flat mount front end and a new fork also

phlip

by phlip

willmac wrote:IMG_6346.JPGPurple caad12 gets flat mount front end and a new fork also

Nice, but a pity they didn't bother to make it thru axle front and rear. I do not have a degree in economics, but with flat mount/thru axle the standard in road now, updating their tooling later will only cost them sales until then, or does it not?

willmac

by willmac

I don't know. Most hubs have swappable end caps these days. Fairlight strael which is steel came out not long ago as quick release disc stating it did nothing but add weight with TA

phlip

by phlip

willmac wrote:I don't know. Most hubs have swappable end caps these days. Fairlight strael which is steel came out not long ago as quick release disc stating it did nothing but add weight with TA

Funny that you mention Fairlight Bikes. I expressed my opinion on their Instagram when they launched. Perhaps their reply is what you are referring too. I did find it rather surprising that being so late they did not opt for thru axles. I believe they could not source the dropouts or a welder who does thru alxe for a price they deem economical. I would prefer they tell it as is is, and not come up with something that sounds like an excuse. But I guess that is in line with them marketing their frames as "handmade in Europe". What's the harm in saying made in the Czech Republic or whereever the frames come from.

willmac

by willmac

I definately get TA on forks, especially one as slim as cannondale's and I understand wanting both ends to be the same but unlike mountain bikes, which have a ton of linkage points where flex can creep in, a road bike is pretty damn solid at the back. Is it bike co's saving a few dollars and not redesigning frames? Maybe? Will it make the bike perform less than with TA? I doubt it. Even mason haven't gotten around to updating theirs and it's been on the market for 2-3 years, although they did change the fork. Last I spoke with Kinesis, they said they had no intention whatsoever of moving from QR to TA on their GFTi Disc model so I guess it's going to be a while before it's a standard. It won't stop me from getting a new frame when the times right

phlip

by phlip

I agree TAs might not be the most important thing on a road bike. But given the choice I would always go for them. I was tempted to get a Mason without. But then the Bokeh and the Bowman Pilgrims Project X were announced, and I decided to wait.

I think when Mason's road frames launched it wasn't yet obvious that TAs will become standard on road disc bikes. Small outfits such as Fairlight and Mason do not produce in such numbers that updating their exisiting designs is worth the expense. And they successfully occupied a niche offering something that had other benefits and was without alternative so the lack of TAs was acceptable. But more and more manufacturers put all-road bikes onto the market. If TAs weren't superior or the market would not demand them, Mason would not have made new forks or the Bokeh utilising them. I guess it's only a matter of time until he will update the Resolution and Definition, or create a replacement road model with TAs.

LD001

by LD001

Nice:

53x12

by 53x12

^ Meh. Looks like a bike for Halloween so you can ride from house to house for trick-or-treating.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Thenuge

by Thenuge

That orange is sick.

stjean222

by stjean222

I think Cannondale decals go S-works color something. :)

Thenuge

by Thenuge

Still looks to be 2017s on the site. Lame.

ETA. The caad12 page is blank on their site so maybe it's getting updated.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tarmackev

by tarmackev

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk