Cannondale 2018 road bikes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DannyB9

by DannyB9

Hi all, first post here, so Every year I check this forum for the latest cannondale supersix news as you lot seem to always find it first! I am just waiting and waiting to finally pull the trigger on upgrading my first bike from years back, the 2012 supersix 6 apex but nothing has taken my fancy towards the top end of hi-mods in the last couple years.

Anyway introduction over, I have been checking everyday to find something and had a search here but haven't seen anything on 2018 yet other than the synapse info, not sure if the following has been posted but if it has mods please remove this post. Also anyone feel free to add anything cannondale 2018 road that you can find as one post for all would be ideal. So is the following images and info of the 2018 Caad12 and supersix?

Supersix, Caad 12 and synapse images (See URL's for more):

https://solomo.xinmedia.com/bike/album/detail/132053/0/2 (<more images for the below here)

Caad12 105:

Caad12 Ultegra:

Caad12 Women 105:

Supersix Evo 105

Supersix Evo Ultegra

Supersix Evo Women 105

Synapse Carbon 105

Synapse Carbon Disc 105

Some more images and info from the following website, translator maybe needed:

http://cyclingtime.com/tw/documents/7994.html.

Caad 12 image and spec - URL for image below:

http://cannondale-yokohama.jp/contents/ ... 000943.php

Competition here to win a 2018 supersix seems to confirm its definitely a 2018 model and matches the other articles:

http://www.sport.be/cycling/nl/nieuws/article.html?Article_ID=808319

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hmai18

by hmai18

*YAWN*

Once again, the Cannondale designers seem to be phoning it in.

smartyiak

by smartyiak

hmai18 wrote:*YAWN*

Once again, the Cannondale designers seem to be phoning it in.

What are the odds of me getting hired as a Cannondale graphic arts design employee? I have no talent for it, but it doesn't appear that current employees do either. Also, I can provide valuable input regarding reflector and spacer usage. :smartass:

Thenuge

by Thenuge

So no changes. But the only new bikes this year are the synapses. I don't see why they would make changes if they are committed to the classic geometry.

evan326

by evan326

I kinda like them bringing back their pearl white for the caad

asiantrick

by asiantrick

Different year, same old shit.

jimmerjohn123

by jimmerjohn123

The lack of effort on integrating 2 colors on those evos is terrible. "Yellow on half the seatstay here, half on the seat tube there, and change half the fork because why not".

The synapse looks interesting. Not as much obvious or crazy "engineering" as some other competitors but that's what I like about Cannondale really. They took their proven and award-winning Synapse and improved it. It has a good geometry, a basic but effective body design, no crazy built-in suspensions like the Specialized Roubaix.

Now if only Cannondale would stop using the BB30/BB30a, I would more seriously consider one. Thanks for posting, OP.

Thenuge

by Thenuge

evan326 wrote:I kinda like them bringing back their pearl white for the caad

It's dope I like it.

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

Booooooooring SS Evo colors. They really need to change their design-team.
2019 SS please new design and BSA-bb.

Selmer

by Selmer

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

Great? More boring grey, the main color for a few years.

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Yeah those colours are shite.

In Japan, if you want to get a SuperSix Evo frameset, you have to go through the custom colour system, and design your own colour-way. Good flexibility and you can come up with some good stuff on the site for it, but the price... 450,000yen for the frameset. No thanks lads.

They haven't updated the actual frame either have they, and seem to be focusing mainly on the non-Hi Mod stuff with the Evos. A clear move away from high end racing machines, and over to commodity items. Must have been a stern series of meetings with management, and a demand for cost cutting to come up with this 'range'.

Honestly thinking my future lies with the new S-Works Tarmac...

C36

by C36

TheDarkInstall wrote:Yeah those colours are shite.

In Japan, if you want to get a SuperSix Evo frameset, you have to go through the custom colour system, and design your own colour-way. Good flexibility and you can come up with some good stuff on the site for it, but the price... 450,000yen for the frameset. No thanks lads.

They haven't updated the actual frame either have they, and seem to be focusing mainly on the non-Hi Mod stuff with the Evos. A clear move away from high end racing machines, and over to commodity items. Must have been a stern series of meetings with management, and a demand for cost cutting to come up with this 'range'.

3900$ at today s exchange rate that hurt a bit when you find it on a shop for 2700$... Now, to me that remain the absolute best frame available on the market, its age doesn't change anything to that. Stiffness, weight, comfort (the only point where it may be a bit off is on aero). Saying it is not new is like saying "hey marketing guys, I need a dose of "new", come on, come with a BS, non documented, gain claim to justify why i need a new one!"
Now the colour schemes are terrible (still missing the top level frame paint)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Beaver

by Beaver

TheDarkInstall wrote:Yeah those colours are shite.

That's how the industry works - they always plan for a couple of years. The current Evo will also be the actual model for 2019 (with different boring paint jobs though), if they stick to the 4-year-rhythm.

I don't like the one inch seatpost (lack of choices) and mechanical cable routing (rubs on the frame/fork), but bought a frame set quite cheap and let it be repainted.

It's the last "classic" road bike without sloping top tube and aero tubes. That could change for generation 3/2020 model. Would also pick a Tarmac (Peter Denk's handwriting shows) or Look Huez (if 28mm wide tires would fit...) then.

Edit: You can find the new models on the german Cannondale site.

http://www.cannondale.com/de-DE/Europe/ ... 9d54286682

C36

by C36

Few colours save the day...
ImageImageImage

And may be...Image

But nothing that blow your mind :( missing something in the blue tones for example

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com