Dogma F8 vs. Giant TCR ADV

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Boshk wrote:anyone fit a 28mm like Conti GP4Season 28s to a F8?

My F8 struggles with 25mm tubulars on the rear, would imagine 28's on the front would be ok........

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

Boshk

by Boshk

beanbiken wrote:

My F8 struggles with 25mm tubulars on the rear, would imagine 28's on the front would be ok........

BB

would u mine telling me your spec for your bike?
I'm seriously debating getting one. (I was considering a TCR advanced pro 1 but I know I will get itchy fingers in a few years time.....just because I want to try a Dogma or Bond or S-works....to see what the hype is about)

I'm around 172cm/ 5'7", current saddle is 70cm (BB to saddle).

I was thinking size 47 or maybe 50??
Ultegra 8000 mechanical
Camp Zonda wheels or Fulcrum Zero with my current Conti GP 4Season 28mm....but it may not fit
saddle fizik antares
bar and stem.....no idea

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

beanbiken

by beanbiken

I'm 168cm, size 50.0 100mm stem, 170mm cranks, saddle height unsure............. hope that helps.

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Why would mount such a harsh tire, made for foul-weather on F8? Unless your F8 is a rain bike. The Conti 4season exhibit a dead feel and ride like wood.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

PinaF8

by PinaF8

I mounted Michelin Pro4 endurance on ENVE 4.5 on my F10 with latex tubes and it's a dream ride. Very smooth and it's hypnotic when on certain asphalts. I've used Conti Gp4KS2 25mm on ENVE 4.5for several years on my F8 and it was never that smooth. No clearance issues on both F8 and F10.
Last edited by PinaF8 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

MoreRideTime

by MoreRideTime

@Boshk,

Not that specific tire, but I did run some 25mm GP4000s on my F8. They were mounted to Aeolus 5 wheels (19.5mm inner width) and there was barely any clearance on the NDS. The 25mm tires ballooned up to just under 28mm when I measured them. In fact, I did scuff the inside of the NDS chain stay from the tire.

Boshk

by Boshk

mpulsiv wrote:

Why would mount such a harsh tire, made for foul-weather on F8? Unless your F8 is a rain bike. The Conti 4season exhibit a dead feel and ride like wood.

I only had experience on Diverge with their 32mm Espoir.... I can't even remember how it's spelt and the Conti 28mm Season, completely different ride.

If I did build a F8, I would preferably want some 28mm...so if people suggest 4000s are better then I could try them or just move my current Conti to new bike.
Pirelli are available too now, but only 25s I believe

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Boshk wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:

I only had experience on Diverge with their 32mm Espoir.... I can't even remember how it's spelt and the Conti 28mm Season, completely different ride.

If I did build a F8, I would preferably want some 28mm...so if people suggest 4000s are better then I could try them or just move my current Conti to new bike.

Mounting Conti 4season on a race bike is a crime! It's a commute tire for rain bikes.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

PinaF8

by PinaF8

Boshk wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:

If you want to mount 28's then you'll need an F10. Max size on an F8 is 25 without worry.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

3Pio

by 3Pio

Boshk wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:

Today i done 220 km ride, 2750 m climb on 23mm Continental 4000 S II Clinchers (bad surface) U really dont need 28mm tires on bike like Dogma F8. If u are planing to ride bigger then 25mm tires, then probably u are buying a wrong frame...

PinaF8

by PinaF8

3Pio wrote:
Boshk wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:

Today i done 220 km ride, 2750 m climb on 23mm Continental 4000 S II Clinchers (bad surface) U really dont need 28mm tires on bike like Dogma F8. If u are planing to ride bigger then 25mm tires, then probably u are buying a wrong frame...

Just curious on how you would know if using a bigger hoop on a f8 would be a bad idea? Your experience on a f8 consisted of a one day test ride. How did you come up with that answer?
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

3Pio

by 3Pio

PinaF8 wrote:
3Pio wrote:
Boshk wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:

Just curious on how you would know if using a bigger hoop on a f8 would be a bad idea? Your experience on a f8 consisted of a one day test ride. How did you come up with that answer?

Ok.. 28mm tires on ANY HighEnd frames (or frame that supposed to be HighEnd), is a bad idea.. So if someone want to put 28mm tires on that kind of frame, than probably is buying a wrong frame... And test ride is ussualy for that purpose.. To get experience of item u test.. After that one day experience with Dogma F8 (140 km), there was no need for more days testing.. (my first idea was to test 4 days in raw).

Thenuge

by Thenuge

Agreed. 28mm tires on a high performance bike is odd. Should be on an endurance bike if going to do that.

Delorre

by Delorre

Thenuge wrote:Agreed. 28mm tires on a high performance bike is odd. Should be on an endurance bike if going to do that.

Yep, but, having the clearance to run a + 28mm tyre on your high performance racer can be nice if doing a couple of spring classics and not wanting to use / own an other bike for that. You don't want to use those 28's all year around of course. Otherwise, a pure endurance bike might be a better choise :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com