Anyone on one of these TCR's Advanced 0 / Dura Ace ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

My local bike shop are warrantying my TCR for me and offered me a deal on one of these -

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/tcr-advanced-pro-0

Any opinions ? I have run Ultegra since 2013 and very happy with it, but the option for new Dura Ace with little spend appeals. Frame and wheel wise it is effectively the same bike. The Ultegra version has sold out.

Is Dura Ace worth a small outlay at the warranty stage ? Funny thing but over the years, I have reinvented myself as a 'climber' and love tackling local climbs on a TCR as such a great GC / hill bike. I imagine DA a mild weight shaving too ?

Thanks,

Diego.

jeffy

by jeffy

is the Advanced SL with mechanical Ultegra an option?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

I am not a fan of SL frames due to the cut and shut nature. Even changing shoes once a year can be a pain. Bont to SIDI for example = lots of stack height.

jeffy

by jeffy

off topic - but how do you measure different stack height between shoes (not counting getting bike fit with various shoes)?

stoney

by stoney

I have the TCR Advanced Pro 0 and I love it and the Dura Ace 9000 that came on it. Dura Ace is smooth!

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

I have the 2017 TCR Advanced SL (KOM) that came with Ultegra and Giant 30mm Tubeless carbon wheels. Stripped it down to the frame and added Dura Ace 9150 drivetrain with Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50 clinchers. The bike is phenominal! So quick and agile, great climber, and handler.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

Noctiluxx wrote:I have the 2017 TCR Advanced SL (KOM) that came with Ultegra and Giant 30mm Tubeless carbon wheels. Stripped it down to the frame and added Dura Ace 9150 drivetrain with Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50 clinchers. The bike is phenominal! So quick and agile, great climber, and handler.

Nice. I ran mine with Zipp 303 but hear good things about the Giant wheels. Some friends say better than Zipp ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

reknop

by reknop

diegogarcia wrote:My local bike shop are warrantying my TCR for me and offered me a deal on one of these -

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/tcr-advanced-pro-0

Any opinions ? I have run Ultegra since 2013 and very happy with it, but the option for new Dura Ace with little spend appeals. Frame and wheel wise it is effectively the same bike. The Ultegra version has sold out.

Is Dura Ace worth a small outlay at the warranty stage ? Funny thing but over the years, I have reinvented myself as a 'climber' and love tackling local climbs on a TCR as such a great GC / hill bike. I imagine DA a mild weight shaving too ?

Thanks,

Diego.

It is unclear which Dura Ace it comes with Dura Ace 9000 of Dura Ace 9100. That's a difference in pricing, but not clearly outlined in the description. The picture suggests 9100 cranks though ...

**EDIT**
I'm currently on a Canyon Ultimate CF SLX but enjoyed multiple Giant TCR Advanced models over the years (both alu and carbon).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net