New Canyon Aeroad for 2018?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Anyone know if the Aeroad is due for an update for 2018? Thanks!
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Patto

by Patto

With the relaxing of the UCI 3:1 rule I hope a few new bikes will be released.

sawyer

by sawyer

No I don't know.

I would guess that next Spring/summer we will see in the pro peloton a new Aeroad. It will be due for renewal

But it won't be available to consumers until spring 2019 I would guess based on past experience.

So you're in for a long wait
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

Shrike

by Shrike

What Patto said. Now is not the time to get spendy on an aero bike. Things are about to change, relatively dramatically. Not sure if 2018 will be the year, but 2019 models onwards definitely are going to be worth going nuts over :P

So ask yourself, even if Canyon put out a minor update on the Aeroad in 2018, would you really be happy with it if some months after you got your got your hands on it you started seeing the real next generation of aero frame shapes starting to appear in the cycling news sites?

You'd die a little inside :cry:

Shrike

by Shrike

Shrike wrote:What Patto said. Now is not the time to get spendy on an aero bike. Things are about to change, relatively dramatically. Not sure if 2018 will be the year, but 2019 models onwards definitely are going to be worth going nuts over :P

So ask yourself, even if Canyon put out a minor update on the Aeroad in 2018, would you really be happy with it if some months after you got your got your hands on it you started seeing the real next generation of aero frame shapes starting to appear in the cycling news sites?

You'd die a little inside :cry:

Edit: Nevermind all that. First 3:1 exceeding road frame is out today. Typical.

Orbea's new Orca Aero. Fattened tubes apparently exceeding 3:1 in places.

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/produ ... del-339260

Imaking20

by Imaking20

That Orbea looks fantastic.

Shrike

by Shrike

Yeah looks class. Can't wait to get more info on how/where exactly it's exceeding 3:1 and how it holds up against the older gen of aero frames like the VIAS/S5/Madone/Aeroad.

bilwit

by bilwit

(snipped for hijack relevance, will post in the orca thread)

Pokerface07

by Pokerface07

I think one of the biggest gains you may see is deeper forks on bikes as this potentially can reduce drag a fair bit.

Deeper tubing adds too much weight to many already heavy aero frames with less aero gain.
Twitter: @FormerTTchamp https://twitter.com/FormerTTchamp

Shrike

by Shrike

The extra weight would be worth it if they could move towards NACA profiled tubes and away from kammtail. I'd happily take another 200g on my S5 if they'd do that.

Keep hearing about the 3:1 rules getting relaxed, but what exactly are the new restrictions?

nonamed

by nonamed

I wonder if and when there will be an new Ultimate CF SLX rim brakes... I guess like other brands with direct mount brakes

wingguy

by wingguy

Shrike wrote:The extra weight would be worth it if they could move towards NACA profiled tubes and away from kammtail.

Why would you want them to do that?

youngs_modulus

by youngs_modulus

Good question, Wingguy.

bllx

by bllx

The 3:1 rule (for frames and fork) might be gone but the 80 max length and 25 min width (10 mm for some tubes) remains.

Bullet

by Bullet

I was hoping we would see the new Aeroad at Eurobike with Canyon having their 2017 models on an end of season sale but it doesn't appear to be so. Anyone get to look at their stand at Eurobike?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com