New Canyon Aeroad for 2018?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Delorre

by Delorre

Bullet wrote:I was hoping we would see the new Aeroad at Eurobike with Canyon having their 2017 models on an end of season sale but it doesn't appear to be so. Anyone get to look at their stand at Eurobike?

Read somewere they didn't have a stand @EB

JayUK

by JayUK

Hi there,

I know Canyon will be at the UK Bike Show in September.

I believe they will be announcing the new Endurace bikes then, so maybe other models too?

J.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

JayUK wrote:Hi there,

I know Canyon will be at the UK Bike Show in September.

I believe they will be announcing the new Endurace bikes then, so maybe other models too?

J.

Really? Their Endurance bike in the newest in the lineup.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

Boshk

by Boshk

New 2018 canyon models are up on the non-US website, mainly colour changes

https://www.canyon.com/en-hk/road/ultimate/cf-slx/

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

What a dissapointment.... They didn't even bother to make new color schemes on the aeroad slx. Oh well my 2018 bike will not be a Canyon then. :noidea:

/Martin
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

Bullet

by Bullet

I'm in the same boat Martin, I really thought the new 2018 Aeroad disc would be a completely new frame. Which bike is next on your list? I'm toying with the idea of a 2018 giant propel disc

ichobi

by ichobi

I own an Aeroad. Was hoping to see a new one this Eurobike but I guess that will have to wait for next year. It's not quite old yet. (3 years.. it was introduced in 2014). May be we see something in Tour next year. For now I go with Tarmac SL6 Sagan edition.

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

Bullet wrote:I'm in the same boat Martin, I really thought the new 2018 Aeroad disc would be a completely new frame. Which bike is next on your list? I'm toying with the idea of a 2018 giant propel disc

Well I actually really like the current aeroads proportions and general looks, I just think the colors and graphics are boring. Since the intro it's been black, matt red, shiny red and at one point they had a grey/yellow entry model.

I'm going with the Orbea Orca Aero. Nice proportions, standard brake placement, really nice pricing AND custom colors without extra charge.

/Martin
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

Zhiming

by Zhiming

Very disappointed with the 2018 canyon models...was hoping for a new 2018 canyon bike to replace my Ultimate...

Took at look at the 2018 Aeroads and the colour scheme was exactly the same, the only change being the latest Ultegra groupset...looks like they have enough forecasted sales from the US market to just skip significant changes for their 2018 bikes...

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

I don't know why you would've expected any new Aeroad frames to be released at this time. As with many other brands, Canyon's new frames can usually seen ridden by the pro's during the Giro and other spring races before being "officially" unveiled around the Tour. Also the Aeroad disc frame was just released only a few months ago, no way they would've made any changes to that one already…

hannawald

by hannawald

i was not hoping for a complete redesign but for a change in handlebars so they can hide the cables as Giant Propel disc, Ridley Noah Sl disc etc.. they should adopt it for the new Shimano plug in junction box.. especially with Enduraces, its handlebars have no space for covering old style junction box..

Bullet

by Bullet

Seeing as all of the 2018 disc models seem to be behind perhaps its a new handlebar/stem that's holding them up. The new dura ace power meter could also be adding to the hold up

kkibbler

by kkibbler

2017 models didn't wait for DA9100 so doubt that's the reason.

More likely that this year was for discs and new Inflite releases.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Torchy

by Torchy

Far too early for a new Aeroad.