Chapter2 Tere

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

moonoi

by moonoi

Also have the standard sram gxp bb in it currently, was fine until around 3000km, not sure if this is normal for a sram bb, seems to be a little quick to wear out to me...was kind of expecting it to last 7-10k km

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

recoilfx

by recoilfx

moonoi wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:04 am
Has anyone used a threaded BB with a GXP Quarq Dzero on their Chapter2 Tere?

The existing BB is starting to creak, although the bearings need replacing anyway due to wear, I'm thinking something like the Wheelsmfg BB86 Thread Together GXP BB would be more durable and potentially be more creak free, however I noticed that some versions say they aren't compatible with a Quarq

Yep that’s exactly what I’m using (wmfg gxp threaded bb with dzero quart). It works fine.

moonoi

by moonoi

Cheers for that, will give it a go then!

moonoi

by moonoi

So funny thing happened, out for ride at the weekend and found that I was getting cramps that I hadn't suffered before...fine maybe I was tired, but the clicking and creaking from the BB was getting worse. Got home and when cleaning the bike noticed the saddle looked a bit odd, and on closer examination found the the saddle rail on one side was slightly bent and where the rail mounts to the shell, the mount point was breaking away! As a result the saddle was lower on one side by almost 1cm.

So after chasing the creak and noises for the past couple of months, resigned myself to the fact it was a BB issue and needed to replace it, it turned out the noise was the sound of my saddle slowly dying. Replaced, and now back to perfect silence!

recoilfx

by recoilfx

haha, same thing happened to me - except i went ahead to replace the BB with the Wheels mfg BB, only to find out that it was my thru axle and left pedal creaking - a bit of grease solved everything.

moonoi

by moonoi

Has anyone done a Di2 installation on a Tere?

I've got a replacement frame and decided to rebuild it with Di2 instead of eTap, but was looking to see if I can route the Di2 cable via the rear brake cable entry, but haven't been able to find any pictures of anyone having done a Di2 build.

cwdzoot
Shop Owner

by cwdzoot

We have built Tere with Di2 quite a few times, pretty standard build. See here https://www.flickr.com/photos/glorycycl ... 8756490234
Instagram - stylish square bike pics
Flickr - over 20 million views for good reason
Facebook - friends get the good info & coupons first

moonoi

by moonoi

cwdzoot wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:05 pm
We have built Tere with Di2 quite a few times, pretty standard build. See here https://www.flickr.com/photos/glorycycl ... 8756490234
Cheers, so you route the Di2 cable into the left cable entry port on the downtube? I was hoping I could route the cable via the rear brake cable entry, and use both etap blanking plates on the downtube for a cleaner look. This is on a rim brake Tere btw.

moonoi

by moonoi

Got it built up, had to use the downtube port, but still looks good I think 8)
56173360_10156301006431045_2192261705717776384_o.jpg

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

Monkeyfudger wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:21 pm

Old post, but what bar is that? Looks great.

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

It’s a Zipp SL-70 Aero, 38cm :thumbup:

silvalis

by silvalis

I got one for my Rere with a speed SL stem. Great bar, great shape.
Chasse patate

Belshazzar

by Belshazzar

moonoi wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:33 am
cwdzoot wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:05 pm
Cheers, so you route the Di2 cable into the left cable entry port on the downtube? I was hoping I could route the cable via the rear brake cable entry, and use both etap blanking plates on the downtube for a cleaner look. This is on a rim brake Tere btw.
You can easily if you're not afraid to get out the drill/file. My recommendation would be to file a slot in the brake housing stop for the E-wire to pass through. You can file a little bit of a slot on the frame too if you need some extra space. It's not going to hurt anything. I've done this many times when I didn't like the way the frame was "supposed" to be routed.

ravenda

by ravenda

Reviving this thread. I have just assembled a Tere.
IMO, this is easily the comfiest carbon road bike I've tried, yet very responsive and agile. Keep in mind I have only tried a handful, namely: S-works SL6, Cervelo R5, Canyon Ultimate, Allied Alfa, BMC Roadmachine.

The build quality is very good. It has fully routed internal cable routings which make installation a whole lot easier.
Given the design age, since 2017, I'd say it is still one of the good looking frames out there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

recoilfx

by recoilfx

Last hurrah for good weather at the US Northeast, so I took the Tere out for a beauty shot after a short easy ride.

I had a matte/gloss black Tere before, but it got destroyed when a tree fell on me while riding (the bike got split in half, while my neck fractured at C6 & C7 - I am ok now after ACDF operation). This pink + white version is a crash replacement, I am pretty pleased with the paint scheme.

Attachments
DSC00655.jpeg
DSC00661.jpeg