Chapter2 Tere

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Aya

by Aya

They are pretty beautiful bikes.
They remind me of the first time I saw Ritte bikes, though I don't like Ritte now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

silvalis

by silvalis

I have a click somewhere as well. I still think it's BB.
Chasse patate

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

I’m yet to finish building mine... Race bike so meh, all about the turbo and track bike at minute.

cwdzoot
Shop Owner

by cwdzoot

Been riding the disc brake version the last few weeks. I own a rim brake version already. Interesting to note that the same bike feels quite different in rim and disc and I am sure it's about the thru axles.

Stiffer and smoother with the thru axles for sure. Also the new Campagnolo H11 mechanical is really nice. I have always liked the feel of Campy shifting, the feel of the disc brake braking is on the same level.

Instagram - stylish square bike pics
Flickr - over 20 million views for good reason
Facebook - friends get the good info & coupons first

clipsed

by clipsed

cwdzoot wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:49 pm
Been riding the disc brake version the last few weeks. I own a rim brake version already. Interesting to note that the same bike feels quite different in rim and disc and I am sure it's about the thru axles.

Stiffer and smoother with the thru axles for sure. Also the new Campagnolo H11 mechanical is really nice. I have always liked the feel of Campy shifting, the feel of the disc brake braking is on the same level.
What's the weight/size of your bike?

cwdzoot
Shop Owner

by cwdzoot

Size Large and as you see it it's 16lb and 6oz (7.4kg) so it's not a weight weenie but it's not at all heavy given the alloy bars, aero wheels and no special consideration given to reduce the weight.
Instagram - stylish square bike pics
Flickr - over 20 million views for good reason
Facebook - friends get the good info & coupons first

SimmyD

by SimmyD

Anyone that has a a creak in the BB

Did you use threaded cups?

SimmyD

by SimmyD

cwdzoot wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:54 pm
Size Large and as you see it it's 16lb and 6oz (7.4kg) so it's not a weight weenie but it's not at all heavy given the alloy bars, aero wheels and no special consideration given to reduce the weight.
wouldnt say 7.4kg for a disc bike is bad at all

silvalis

by silvalis

SimmyD wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:03 am
Anyone that has a a creak in the BB

Did you use threaded cups?
No. I've got metal campa ultra torque cups. have thought about using the delrin cups or that ebay screw together one, but I'm not super bothered yet.,
Chasse patate

moonoi

by moonoi

So I solved my creak problem, it wasn't the BB, and it wasn't the rear skewer either. Bit more obscure and not something that would immediately come to mind to check.

There was actually some play in the rear hub, which would also explain why the noise only occurred in certain scenarios.

So fixed the Wheels, then decided to sell them, and replace with some Mavic Krysium Pro Carbon SL C Wheels, has really transformed the ride of the bike, despite being a similar weight to the Shamal Mille, it's much more snappy and gives a more racy/responsive feel and as a bonus, looks better on this frameset in my opinion.

Now I have a nice silent ride again, happy days!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

silvalis

by silvalis

uh
Chasse patate

SimmyD

by SimmyD

Got my frame and started my build.

Just have to cut the steatpost and work out why my Stem has play.

silvalis

by silvalis

re: your stem play, check your headset

On mine, the headset cups aren't the exact size of the bearing - the bearings have a bit of play sitting in the cup. Primarily the top bearing (can't recall if bottom was similar). I was told that it wasn't really a problem with ACB headsets as they self centre. It took me a bit of adjustment to get bearing preload correct - too little and the ACB would move slightly, too much and it would bind. First frame I've had with this issue (admittedly I've only built/rebuilt/played with half a dozen frames/headsets)
Chasse patate

SimmyD

by SimmyD

Found the issue. I wasn't installing the grommet thing into the stem first then the top cap. noob error :)

All installed and tuned. found that the Conti GP4 25mm tyres didnt clear my sram red brakes on the rear so going to try another brand to see if its any better.

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Check your stem length... I never planned on using mine but got a120mm I thought would be useful on another bike, I came to use it the other day and awesomely despite being labelled as a 120mm it measures 110mm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com