Chapter2 Tere

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

silvalis

by silvalis

So Chapter2 Tere officially released including geo charts
https://au.chapter2bikes.com/range.html/

Some reviews around,
https://cyclingtips.com/2017/07/chapter ... et-review/
http://cyclist.com.au/bikes/pryde-begin ... -new-tere/

I'm having a good think about it but not sure about the geo.
Reach and stack for a medium (378/555mm) are spot on for me, but the standover of 819mm seems pretty high for a bike of that reach/stack.

It's higher than a Med propel and a 54 caad12.

Does anyone else think the standover is abnormally high?
For me, that standover is borderline (inseam about 85cm with shoes on).
Last edited by silvalis on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chasse patate

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wwnick

by wwnick

good luck to Michael

silvalis

by silvalis

Got a reply from them within 2 hrs. Two thumbs up there.

819mm is highest point standover. Middle of the tt is 800mm.
Chasse patate

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Really interested in this bike - awaiting more reviews to see how they ride! Disappointed that if i want it posted to Belgium there is an extra charge (€300+!!!) compared to delivery in the UK...

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Anyone seen any more reviews on these, I seem to be more than a little bit in love with how it looks but slightly concerned the front centre/TT is 1cm shorter than my old TCR. Unfortunately it's not a bike I can go look at in the flesh :( How well did the old NeilPryde bikes ride, would you read in similarities to 'em or not?

pmdd72

by pmdd72

silvalis

by silvalis

Monkeyfudger wrote:Anyone seen any more reviews on these, I seem to be more than a little bit in love with how it looks but slightly concerned the front centre/TT is 1cm shorter than my old TCR. Unfortunately it's not a bike I can go look at in the flesh :( How well did the old NeilPryde bikes ride, would you read in similarities to 'em or not?

There are a bunch of service partners and stockists. Currently holding launch parties
Auckland was yesterday and Melbourne launch party is next weekend

As for the geometry, took me a bit but I think I have my head around it. Different geo to the neilprydes. Identical geo to the R series, including FC. (2mm diff). Saw a comment on bikerumour whinging about the geo and the ht.
Ht is a lot longer on the tere as the axle to crown is a fair bit shorter, but the actually stack/reach is The same

I've never ridden an r series though... fc on this is at least 10mm shorter than anything I've ridden before. I'm probably going to get one anyway. Just gotta sell a few frames first.
Chasse patate

Renne

by Renne

From the Cyclingtips review:
"At this stage, prospective buyers might be hoping for some data to convince them of the bike’s merits. When asked, Michael was pragmatic in his response, stating there were no specific goals for the aerodynamic performance of the Tere, and thus, no benchmarking was carried out. All of that effort is being devoted to Chapter2’s next project, a frameset that Michael says will “push the limits of UCI regulations”."
Call me interested, think I'll be keeping an eye on this new brand. Sound like they might be taking advantage of the change in the 3:1 rule the UCI has done this year.
They also have a new limited edition paintjob, TDF'17. I like the fact that they want to do limited edition paintjobs that, once sold out, will not come back again.

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Cheers Silvalis, same boat for me. I need to sell a bike as I've got zero space! I've been going back and forth between the numbers and I don't think I'll have a problem but I'm a worst case scenario type of guy :lol: Currently running a Medium TCR with a flat top cap and a 110mm stem. A 120mm stem on the Tere should be as close as it needs to be reach wise and I can mess about with the stack with a -17deg stem and spacers.

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Anyone pull the trigger yet? ;)

Shrike

by Shrike

Renne wrote:Call me interested, think I'll be keeping an eye on this new brand. Sound like they might be taking advantage of the change in the 3:1 rule the UCI has done this year.

Yes but so will everyone else, and they'll do it better because they have the talent and money to devote to it.

Still, look forward to their next effort. Big fan of disruptive small companies, as long as they're actually doing something better than the mainstream guys. And they have the numbers to prove it.

silvalis

by silvalis

MikeyBE wrote:Anyone pull the trigger yet? ;)

Just did some clicking.

Now for the waiting bit...
Chasse patate

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Cool! I'm still comparing to other frames... When's it arriving?

silvalis

by silvalis

The Aus distro said they are arriving this wk, so probably he week after?
Chasse patate

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

drabir

by drabir

I jumped the gun and ordered myself a limited edition TDF frame. It will be arriving this Tuesday. Will share a few photos once I am done building it