Chapter2 Tere

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Cycomanic

by Cycomanic

recoilfx wrote:Last hurrah for good weather at the US Northeast, so I took the Tere out for a beauty shot after a short easy ride.

I had a matte/gloss black Tere before, but it got destroyed when a tree fell on me while riding (the bike got split in half, while my neck fractured at C6 & C7 - I am ok now after ACDF operation). This pink + white version is a crash replacement, I am pretty pleased with the paint scheme.

Oh wow what a freak accident. Hope you're doing well now. Very nice looking bike. I particularly appreciate the red highlights of the PM pod and the front wheel speedo, nice attention to detail.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

RoadDiscFor22

by RoadDiscFor22

Kia ora / Hello,

Thanks to everyone here for contributing to this thread. I pulled the trigger on a Tere directly at the Chapter2 website.

This'll be my 1st foray into road disc (have gravel and MTB disc) and I'll be doing a primarily Campy build (groupset and wheels) with some TBD cockpit pieces.

**Has anyone been tempted to try Ekar on the Tere or any other Chapter2 frameset? From what I've gathered, the Tere accepts mechanical groupsets and, for what it's worth, it looks like Ekar disc is a few hundred grams lighter than Chorus disc (https://ccache.cc/blogs/newsroom/2021-r ... comparison). I'm too heavy to be counting grams, but I do like the prospect of ditching the front derailleur on a road setup and can probably deal with the loss of multiple gear downshifts.

If anyone is lurking on this thread, Chapter2 has the best deal (that I could find) on the Tere disc. I was tempted to get the GT40 color scheme, but the deal on the Paua was hard to pass up. I don't think it's the most appealing to many, but I found some videos that present it in a better light compared to stock photos on the interwebz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moD7N4ox_1k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0aM4zwRa2k

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RoadDiscFor22

by RoadDiscFor22

Wait, I guess I was supposed to say "Tena koutou".

moonoi

by moonoi

I helped build my friends C2 Ao with Campy Ekar, works well and looks good, I also ran a GRX crankset on my Tere, so I think there should be no issue with running Ekar on yours, if you so desire. Can always post the question on the C2 owners group on Facebook, Mike Pryde is quite active and helpful there with any questions on his bikes.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Stendhal

by Stendhal

I have a C2 Rere and am a huge fan, the US agent for the company quickly answered a question for me pre-purchase so I'd expect you can get answers too.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

RoadDiscFor22

by RoadDiscFor22

moonoi, Stendhal -- thanks.

I compared the Tere vs the TOA (for about the 10th time) and ended up going with the TOA.

Mike P has been super responsive and helpful. The US agent has supposedly done some Campy setups -- I've emailed and called him over the past few days, but haven't heard back yet.

I'm guessing that the TOA takes a 86mm T47 that'll work fine with Ekar(??), but I may opt for Chorus and I'm not sure if I'll need a set of "cups"/adaptors to get the Chrous cranks to work.

I'll tread into facebook (yuck!!) to see if there's a TOA group there. I'm looking to source all the non-frame parts over the next month and hope to have the bike built in early to mid May.

sigma

by sigma

RoadDiscFor22 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:11 pm
moonoi, Stendhal -- thanks.

I compared the Tere vs the TOA (for about the 10th time) and ended up going with the TOA.

Mike P has been super responsive and helpful. The US agent has supposedly done some Campy setups -- I've emailed and called him over the past few days, but haven't heard back yet.

I'm guessing that the TOA takes a 86mm T47 that'll work fine with Ekar(??), but I may opt for Chorus and I'm not sure if I'll need a set of "cups"/adaptors to get the Chrous cranks to work.

I'll tread into facebook (yuck!!) to see if there's a TOA group there. I'm looking to source all the non-frame parts over the next month and hope to have the bike built in early to mid May.
Let us know the weight when you get it. I've come close a few times on the Toa so would be very curious to hear your thoughts. Have been hunting for a dampening aero bike to handle the Chicago roads for some racing and it's been one of the close contenders (Parlee RZ7 or Factor Ostro the others).
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

RoadDiscFor22

by RoadDiscFor22

Just heard back from the Chapter2 US Country Manager and will be receiving a BB that'll work for the TOA **and Campy**.

I'm basically a novice at almost all things mechanical when it comes to the bike, but from what I did understand, Campy currently doesn't have a BB that'll work with the T47 on the TOA. Even the Ekar T47 BB won't work due to its width options (68 and 86mm) vs the TOA BB width.

I'll post a follow-up with the BB info (brand, specs, et) once I get it.

Chapter2, from owner to country manager/agent to billing, has been super responsive and helpful in response to all my questions -- wouldn't hesitate to recommend this brand to anyone looking for a frame.

RoadDiscFor22

by RoadDiscFor22

sigma wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:54 pm

Let us know the weight when you get it. I've come close a few times on the Toa so would be very curious to hear your thoughts. Have been hunting for a dampening aero bike to handle the Chicago roads for some racing and it's been one of the close contenders (Parlee RZ7 or Factor Ostro the others).
PM'd you -- didn't want to hog up a TERE thread with too much TOA stuff. I'll start a thread when I get the frame in about a month or so.

velov

by velov

Wondering if anyone is having toe overlap issues...I already get a bit of overlap on my Bianchi XR4 (55cm) with 25mm tyres. I'm worried that the Tere (medium) which has a shorter front-centre (575 vs 588) with 30mm tyres would get pretty dicey in tight turns.

TLN

by TLN

RoadDiscFor22 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:42 pm
sigma wrote:

PM'd you -- didn't want to hog up a TERE thread with too much TOA stuff. I'll start a thread when I get the frame in about a month or so.
Did you end up getting Chapter Toa frame?
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

sigma

by sigma

TLN wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:20 am
RoadDiscFor22 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:42 pm
sigma wrote:

I have a large Toa sititng in my garage. I am undecided on whether to do a 9170 or 9270 build. One or two components still needed. I chose Swissside Hadron 2 wheels (6/8 combo) since the bike is heading to a relatively low altitude flat home. I can post pics and weigh it this weekend as it's long overdue to get moving on it. Fit and finish look terrific. Michael Pryde was a joy to deal with - answered every question candidly and expediently.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

RoadDiscFor22

by RoadDiscFor22

sigma wrote:

Yes I did! Got the TOA frame (large) and Mana bar/stem combo from Chapter2 and sourced the other bits myself. Everyone at Chapter2 was great at responding, communicating, etc. I'm 180cm, 84.1cm inseam and seemed to be in between the medium and large and went with the large as I didn't want to risk feeling cramped in the cockpit and (at the time) the Mana in 120mm was only available in 44cm width and I wanted a narrower bar. I think Chapter2 is now offering different widths in the same lengths for the Mana.

The fit probably needs more dialing in and I'm just using recorded measurements from an older bike fit for now, but it seems mighty, mighty, comfy as is. Not sure about the white saddle and white pedals, but the blue Fizik bartape is a smashing success (imo). And I don't know when I'll get around to weighing it as I've deemed it my "aero" ride:
Attachments
TOA1.jpg
toa7.jpg