skunkworks #tidylight for exposure lights

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

ey guys so I've been working on this project for a while now and finally have a dialled product and have found some one to print them in a resolution and material that makes them a product worth selling

they come in 2 styles. -12 and 16 with the 12 suiting any stems running from -6 to -10 degrees and the -6 mount for those badassed enough to rock a -17 stem.
they are compatible with the 23mm bodied exposure lights, basically the diablo and all the other lights in the range under it. Mount wise they'll work with most 4 bolt style mount e.g. the Fetha and kedge units ( any thing that runs a kedge style insert) and will work with the wahoo inserts using a different screw set and coming through from the bottom..
ohh an the 'white' mounts in the pictures are from the STL files or the last prototype test print i had done

let me know what y'all think..

for more of my custom stuff an builds check out
https://www.instagram.com/skunkworks_bikes/
Last edited by sugarkane on Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

ergott

by ergott

Looks great!
:beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

ergott wrote:Looks great!
:beerchug:

thanks dude really happy with the design and the printing

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

So slick. It's a shame the SRM mount is too small to do anything like this.

ManekiNico

by ManekiNico

…aaaand I just bought Exposure’s mount for action camera brackets. :evil: Not the most weenie solution when you factor in the weight of the combo mount, thumb screw, and light mount. Except for not being able to adjust the angle, this seems like a much better solution.
Mom: He was very sickly until he started riding around on that bicycle.
Dad: Yeah... well... now his body’s fine, but his mind is gone.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

ManekiNico wrote:…aaaand I just bought Exposure’s mount for action camera brackets. :evil: Not the most weenie solution when you factor in the weight of the combo mount, thumb screw, and light mount. Except for not being able to adjust the angle, this seems like a much better solution.

Beginning work on the adjustable one tomorrow 8)

rpowell

by rpowell

cool! it looks like the white ones use an sls process but i cant tell what type of printer is making the black ones. how does the snap fit feel? have you cycled it to failure? im thinking of something like this for my mtb.

showdown

by showdown

Looks great... A great idea too... I did something almost identical a while back but instead of a fixed exposure mount I used a GoPro mount for versatility- I can use lights or cameras etc...

I'm guessing thats LSL (laser sintered nylon) right? I've been 3D printing a lot of bits for my bike and have found that to be the only material that has the right combination of strength, flexibility and resolution.

viewtopic.php?p=1267199#p1267199

kdawg

by kdawg

Would make me nervous having the open end facing down on a bumpy surface. Would a slot for a cable tie/Velcro make sense?
I'm left handed, if that matters.

ManekiNico

by ManekiNico

sugarkane wrote:Beginning work on the adjustable one tomorrow 8)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Sorry I've been ride This is weigt weeinies after all Image

kdawg wrote:Would make me nervous having the open end facing down on a bumpy surface. Would a slot for a cable tie/Velcro make sense?
Totally not nessaery they have been over engineered and this is the 6th revision of the printing type, company doing it and the models. They have a very firm hold and the light really snaps in. The 4th revision where I changed the print angle and thickened the band by 0.2mm you couldn't get the light into :thumbup:
showdown wrote:Looks great... A great idea too... I did something almost identical a while back but instead of a fixed exposure mount I used a GoPro mount for versatility- I can use lights or cameras etc...

I'm guessing thats LSL (laser sintered nylon) right? I've been 3D printing a lot of bits for my bike and have found that to be the only material that has the right combination of strength, flexibility and resolution.

viewtopic.php?p=1267199#p1267199

I saw that nice work.

And yeah it's SLS

Broady

by Broady

Looks great, I'll probably pick one up for my K-Edge when available.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Broady wrote:Looks great, I'll probably pick one up for my K-Edge when available.

Available now

rpowell

by rpowell

i was going to ask for the step file to print a ffew for you using RPU70 but shipping to Syd from California sounds prohibitive. There seems to be a big demand for these low volume mounts which makes 3d printing perfect.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

I'm getting them printed locally on a very expensive European machine. The quality of the prints is really good with a 0.1mm res. I've been through 5 printers so far including shape ways, who's SLS stuff compared to these guys work is rubbish. My printers are using very high quality media and a 50/50 fresh powder rate. A little costly but worth it