Dogma F10 Frame

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

Bridgeman wrote:I'm working part time at a bike shop and we just got 3 Dogma F10 frames in. My goodness these things are beautiful. I keep going back and forth on getting one but I worry about crashing it. The rides I do are crash riddled these days.

Anyone riding this frame, and do you risk it on aggressive group rides?

I'd stop riding with the crashers. Crashing is a risk you take when racing but on a group ride?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

markusz

by markusz

doesn't need to be a crash... my buddies rear mech broke, went up into his spokes and broke the seat stay clean in half on his Cervelo R5. couldnt afford to replace it so got it repaired.

darnellrm

by darnellrm

wheelsONfire wrote:Buy yourself a titanium bike. Only thing that happens are scratches. If you "tend to crash", you shouldn't even consider a carbon frame.
If you do, buy something cheaper and beefy.

If you built carbon fiber frames that weighed as much as TI, they would be bomb-proof too.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

darnellrm wrote:
wheelsONfire wrote:Buy yourself a titanium bike. Only thing that happens are scratches. If you "tend to crash", you shouldn't even consider a carbon frame.

If you built carbon fiber frames that weighed as much as TI, they would be bomb-proof too.

I am not sure i believe so. But i won't contradict you. I had a front tire deflated in an instant at same time i made a left turn, from pure tarmac to really nasty gravel.
In the apex of tarmac tire delflated and i thought i just had saved the day, when the bike hit the gravel.
Bonkers.....
I flipped 2 times and was slammed with left side neck shoulder and head and bike was actually not damaged.
Only thing that was "moved", was left side shifter. Strangely undamaged!
I had to walk home through these gravel roads and to be nice to rims and tire, i carried the bike for 18 kilometers.
That was not fun i can say.
I am still amazed the bike has no signs of cracks or anything. This is a UP size Large.
This bike is a tank!
In the winter i hit a long ice patch and same thing happened. Front wheel lost all contact and i flew right down and slide into a ditch.
No problems with the bike.
I feel like crap myself, but the bike handled.
My Ti bike, i also had front wheel slide and a crash. Tarmac, pure and fine, but after hidden corner alot of loose stones.
A high speed crash and i was hammered... the bike had just a few tiny slide marks.
Nothing bent, nothing broken at the bike... exept a a few ribs and cuts on me.

If i had used my Ax bike, i had probably faced a 1000 pieces puzzle of carbon.

If you're going to ride like an idiot, use an alu bar and a robust carbon bike or more or less normal ti bike.
It's proven to work, wouldn't you say :D
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

buhx2

by buhx2

markusz wrote:doesn't need to be a crash... my buddies rear mech broke, went up into his spokes and broke the seat stay clean in half on his Cervelo R5. couldnt afford to replace it so got it repaired.

Does Cervelo not cover that under their warranty?

markusz

by markusz

buhx2 wrote:
markusz wrote:doesn't need to be a crash... my buddies rear mech broke, went up into his spokes and broke the seat stay clean in half on his Cervelo R5. couldnt afford to replace it so got it repaired.

they give a certain percentage discount off a new frame (since the frame to them wasnt repairable) but he bought the full bike for less than a new frame! go figure

darnellrm

by darnellrm

buhx2 wrote:

Really? The derailleur was not adjusted to prevent shifting into the spokes and you expect Cervelo to warranty it?

buhx2

by buhx2

darnellrm wrote:
buhx2 wrote:

Really? The derailleur was not adjusted to prevent shifting into the spokes and you expect Cervelo to warranty it?
Does it say anywhere the derailleur wasn't adjusted to prevent shifting into the spokes? Because I read the rear mech broke.

darnellrm

by darnellrm

What do you think caused the RD to break? I see this all the time....

Rider shifts RD into spokes, spokes break the RD and/or der hanger, RD swings around and into the chainstay and breaks it.
Last edited by darnellrm on Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markusz

by markusz

darnellrm wrote:What do you think caused the RD to break? I see this all the time....

for my buddy it was on a very steep climb... force broke it as far i could see or changing gear at that time.

darnellrm

by darnellrm

markusz wrote:
darnellrm wrote:What do you think caused the RD to break? I see this all the time....

for my buddy it was on a very steep climb... force broke it as far i could see or changing gear at that time.

You might break a chain by shifting under load, but not an RD.

bilwit

by bilwit

micky wrote:I always get my head confuse about hearing crashes during races (yes I can understand but it seems in some area it happens so often?) but even group rides...?!?

many wannabe-Froomes with a lot of disposable income are sometimes really bad riders.. just ride solo every time and keep crashing to a minimum :lol:

darnellrm wrote:
markusz wrote:

You might break a chain by shifting under load, but not an RD.

I had a jocky wheel lock up for some reason which caused the chain to yank the cage plate and snap the whole thing right off the hanger bolt, luckily it was a 5800 RD I was about to replace

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

Anyway, back to the original topic.

It's on. I'm building an F10 Asteroid Red.

Now I have to set up my new photo hosting account. Photobucket, fu.

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

darnellrm wrote:

Maybe that's why he's looking at a Dogma - although by memory even the early Dogma frames were quite prone to cracking despite being heavier than my Baum Corretto
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

PinaF8

by PinaF8

Bridgeman wrote:Anyway, back to the original topic.

It's on. I'm building an F10 Asteroid Red.

Now I have to set up my new photo hosting account. Photobucket, fu.

I can't wait to see the build. :thumbup:
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com