Dogma F10 Frame

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

hannawald

by hannawald

nice! it is the most beautiful frame available.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

oraclesin

by oraclesin

Dogma..F10 hm!
Attachments
20170510_160123.jpg

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

oraclesin wrote:Dogma..F10 hm!

Stunning!

I've seen several new builds now up close and have never been so excited. The new DI2 is the coup de grace.

liam7020

by liam7020

I owned an F8 for a while last year. Gorgeous to look at but it was the most hyped up and singularly disappointing frame I've ever cocked my leg across in 40 years of bike riding. I cursed myself for getting caught up in all the marketing BS and in the end I hated the very sight of the thing! Couldn't wait to get that sucker sold which I did eventually even though I lost a fortune on it.Maybe the F10 is a bit better...
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

hannawald

by hannawald

liam7020 wrote:I owned an F8 for a while last year. Gorgeous to look at but it was the most hyped up and singularly disappointing frame I've ever cocked my leg across in 40 years of bike riding. I cursed myself for getting caught up in all the marketing BS and in the end I hated the very sight of the thing! Couldn't wait to get that sucker sold which I did eventually even though I lost a fortune on it.Maybe the F10 is a bit better...

what was wrong with the bike? what is better on tarmac?

3Pio

by 3Pio

liam7020 wrote:I owned an F8 for a while last year. Gorgeous to look at but it was the most hyped up and singularly disappointing frame I've ever cocked my leg across in 40 years of bike riding. I cursed myself for getting caught up in all the marketing BS and in the end I hated the very sight of the thing! Couldn't wait to get that sucker sold which I did eventually even though I lost a fortune on it.Maybe the F10 is a bit better...

I was lucky to first test ride it.. And realized something similar as u. Very good that i demo it first, otherwise i'll have the same destiny as urs...

It was harsh where dont need to be harsh, and flexy where dont need to be flexy.. Im not sure the F10 is better.But at least have a design like fancy bag. It's even more marketing hype with F10 then F8 (if u start analyzing what they say is better vs F8) BTW, i own a Pinarello FP3 (i never fixed the flex in headset from start), so i done the mistake spending money there as well..

The Pinarello few years ago (when Nani Pinarello was still alive), was good bike brand. But after his death, its just marketing brand without any cycling spirit..

PinaF8

by PinaF8

3Pio wrote:

I was lucky to first test ride it.. And realized something similar as u. Very good that i demo it first, otherwise i'll have the same destiny as urs...

It was harsh where dont need to be harsh, and flexy where dont need to be flexy.. Im not sure the F10 is better.But at least have a design like fancy bag. It's even more marketing hype with F10 then F8 (if u start analyzing what they say is better vs F8) BTW, i own a Pinarello FP3 (i never fixed the flex in headset from start), so i done the mistake spending money there as well..

The Pinarello few years ago (when Nani Pinarello was still alive), was good bike brand. But after his death, its just marketing brand without any cycling spirit..

Just wondering was the demoed bike built specifically to your spec and how many days did you ride it for?
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

3Pio

by 3Pio

PinaF8 wrote:
3Pio wrote:

Just wondering was the demoed bike built specifically to your spec and how many days did you ride it for?

One day and ride was (i did not need any more), 140 km. And yes, built to my spec in term of size and fitting (i first done Rettul fitting, and adjusted the bike consider that fit). Also inssisted on same wheels and tires which i used on other bikes i test ride it, to be fair comparation...

After one ride i realized what i want to know (140 km ride, with climbing, flat parts, downhill. can be enough ).. I really feel the C60 much stiffer and better reactivity for climbing/sprinting, in same time more comfortable.Also very little actual weight difference....

liam7020

by liam7020

hannawald wrote:

what was wrong with the bike? what is better on tarmac?

Absolutely everything about the Tarmac is better than the F8. Over the years I’ve been lucky enough to have ridden a lot of nice bikes including custom built steel and a number of Colnagos – a couple of C40s (still have one), Dream Plus, Extreme C and a M10 – all completely sublime. At one time I raced on one of the original Scott Addict framesets. Wow what a frame that was – stiff, light and breathtakingly fast, a total gem of a race frame but still with enough compliance to provide comfort for the longer haul. My current race bike is based around a Simplon Pavo 3 frame which at 860g is plenty light and stiff but still comfy enough for 3-4 hour jaunts.

In contrast the F8 is nothing like these frames at all. It’s a horrible relentless jack hammer of a thing that, even after a couple of hours of riding, left me feeling exhausted and sucked all the enjoyment out of my cycling time. I tried it with different wheels, several sets of tyres and even double wrapped bar tape, all to no avail. I have a couple of Chinese open mold frames (FM015 and R066) built up as training/winter bikes and they both offer a much, much superior ride to the F8, costly a tenth of the price. The best way I can describe the F8 is like spending 2 hours getting kicked up the arse by a 30 stone Sumo wrestler wearing hob nail boots! One of the happiest days in my cycling life was the day I stuck that miserable piece of extortionate garbage into a box and posted it off to it’s new owner. Mind you, my bank balance wasn’t just as happy…
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

zzmkdw

by zzmkdw

This is why you should test ride a bike before you purchase. I test rode the S-Works Tarmac before purchasing my BMC SLR01. I thought the differences between the two were almost undetectable, but gave a slight edge to the BMC for comfort on longer rides. I have an F8 also and it I find it better than the BMC in every way, with the exception that the BMC is more compliant. To me, the F8 is in no way harsh over bad tarmac, but I would give a slight edge to the BMC. The F8 is definitely stiffer, noticeably faster, climbs better, descends better...just better. It's my go to bike for almost any of the rides that i do. I basically ride the BMC now so that it doesn't feel neglected.

The tarmac is a fantastic frame, so no disrespect to what Liam and others have said, but my Ass-O-Meter disagrees with you. When you are comparing top tier frames as the ones discussed here it's really hard to go wrong, unless you pick one that doesn't fit.

kgt

by kgt

3Pio wrote:The Pinarello few years ago (when Nani Pinarello was still alive), was good bike brand. But after his death, its just marketing brand without any cycling spirit..

No idea about the F8 and F10 but the Dogma 60.1 and 65.1 were really good frames.

3Pio

by 3Pio

kgt wrote:
3Pio wrote:The Pinarello few years ago (when Nani Pinarello was still alive), was good bike brand. But after his death, its just marketing brand without any cycling spirit..

No idea about the F8 and F10 but the Dogma 60.1 and 65.1 were really good frames.
Actually i agree about this with u.My dissapointed about F8 was even bigger after i tried Dogma 60.1 (130 km ride, 1300 m climb).Dogma 60.1 is better frame then F8 for me. But dont look that good with expensive bag as F10 does...

LionelB

by LionelB

There will always be haters. The F8 is the best bike I ever had by quite a margin.

darnellrm

by darnellrm

What other bikes have you ridden?

LionelB

by LionelB

darnellrm wrote:What other bikes have you ridden?

This is a long list that includes (on the carbon front) among others C40, C50, Crumpton, S-Works Tarmac. Besides the fact that the F8 fits me perfectly it handles great. Confort comes from tires and their pressure not from frames. I ride veloflex 25mm tubs.

I will be getting an F10 eventually even though they are probably really close just because I liked the F8 so much.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com