Cipollini Bond tyre size fitment

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Cyclemark

by Cyclemark

New Cipollini Bond purchased with 23c tyres dies anyone know if 25 or 28 will fit ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

On a 2015 BOND, no problems with Veloflex Corsa or Vittoria CX III 25mm clincher tires on a 20.5mm rim.

Check out the recently locked thread The Cipollini Club for various builds and tire/wheel combos.

Cyclemark

by Cyclemark

Thanks FilmAt11 some good reading within that post

kgt

by kgt

I was riding my Bond with 25mm continental. Not any issues at all.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

What width rim? Quite important to know that as well if not a tubular. Since a 25mm continental 4000sii will plump up much bigger on even say a Campy 17mm internal width rim (22.5 outside), than it will on a (I hesitate to say "standard" anymore) 15mm internal width rim (~20mm external). And throw a 25mm Continental clincher onto a front new ENVE rim, and it won't even fit in the dropouts of a C59 since it will jam up against the fork crown first. Therefore, when asking if a certain size clincher tire will fit in a tight space, you really need to know the rim it's on as well, because the two different combinations can be quite different.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

kgt

by kgt

The Bond was ridden on the Strade bianche race so I guess it can fit even larger tires than 25mm. It was designed as a do it all bike after all.

stormur

by stormur

Most noted tires at 2017 SB were 25's and all of them were tubulars, so I would doubt in above statement... specially it's Italian frame. My safe bet would be ( for clincher ) 25mm max on 17c rim max , and tire must be ... Italian ( narrow & low profile ).
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

Cyclemark

by Cyclemark

Thanks all going to run with the 25's for now see how I get on

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com