Colnago, please explain the appeal

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gewichtweenie

by gewichtweenie

slick1 wrote:... even with the peer pressure of buying a Colnayyygo. ... People like that are called sheeple, not people.

might i suggest reassessing your choices in peerage before casting slander.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roel W

by Roel W

Mockenrue wrote:Amusing thread. Clearly anyone who judges purely on appearance ("looks like 10 year old designs/technology" etc.) hasn't a clue. The C60 and its predecessors are a triumph of substance over flashy BS. No weird shapes, no chasing trends. Just an amazing balance of stuff that works.

The splitted chainstays were at least a weird shape.
All those frames with carbon rear stays bounded to an alloy/steel/titanium frame were at least a trend, implemented about 10 years ago an nowadays dropped by all bike builders including Colnago.

colnagoc59

by colnagoc59

A bike owner summed it up for me once after I asked him if Focus bikes he sold were any good. He said "once you get into paying 4 thousand and up for a frame there is no bad bike. I believe in this. At this price range all bikes have certain gualities that make them good and the one that suits you that bike has the qualities you think are more beneficial to you be stiffness, looks, comfort, etc. I think the C60 is special because it's able to be an excellent bike and stays true to the traditional bike design. If one looks at the bikes in Colnago museum alot of those bike designs done even before the technology was readily available seem to have laid the groundwork for today's designs. Today's bikes look allot like what Colnago did many years ago. Something has to be said for making a bike look old in design but perform better or as good as newer designed bikes. To me that's worth the price premium in my eyes.

wingguy

by wingguy

fabriciom wrote:I don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

Correct

I'm trolling.

Also correct.

Anything else to discredit my opinion and try to convince yourself that spending 6k on a frame was the right thing to do?

Your opinion is your opinion. No need to discredit it. Correcting glaring factual errors (like saying horizontal top tube is a newer design) is a separate issue.

MiddMan

by MiddMan

So much of cycling is about psychology. At the end of the day it's not always about technology or latest and greatest. Pro riders and GC contenders are not just talking about their legs, they're also talking about their head. In fact, seldom do you hear them even talk about their bikes (for obvious reasons, e.g., they're sponsored) because most of the bikes out there are solid bikes, subjective feelings notwithstanding.

When the brain tells your legs that you can make it over the mountain pass even when lactic acid is screaming at you to stop: that also counts for something. When you have that same inner conversation with yourself, glance down to see your gear ratio, and catch a glimpse of a clover leafs or 'C60' (or whatever brand/design/colour makes your day) and your cadence increases or you feel a small burst of energy for the next hairpin turn: THAT'S the reason we buy a Colnago--or quite frankly any bike that makes you want to ride.

gravity

by gravity

RyanH wrote:I can delete all of those posts and make it like it never happened... Just a bad dream

Yes please. And pls take the OP the same way you would do this thread.

You can prolly reopen the Colnago gallery thread now that you have do away with the idiot who put this board to a such let down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wobbly

by wobbly

MiddMan wrote:So much of cycling is about psychology. At the end of the day it's not always about technology or latest and greatest. Pro riders and GC contenders are not just talking about their legs, they're also talking about their head. In fact, seldom do you hear them even talk about their bikes (for obvious reasons, e.g., they're sponsored) because most of the bikes out there are solid bikes, subjective feelings notwithstanding.

When the brain tells your legs that you can make it over the mountain pass even when lactic acid is screaming at you to stop: that also counts for something. When you have that same inner conversation with yourself, glance down to see your gear ratio, and catch a glimpse of a clover leafs or 'C60' (or whatever brand/design/colour makes your day) and your cadence increases or you feel a small burst of energy for the next hairpin turn: THAT'S the reason we buy a Colnago--or quite frankly any bike that makes you want to ride.

^^^ This :thumbup:

Delorre

by Delorre

cunn1n9 wrote:
Imaking20 wrote:Meh

That is my favourite colour scheme. Just beautiful.

Only thing stopping me buying one is the low tyre clearance. Does anyone know when it will clear 28mm tyres? I am sure the new V2-R will but I so like the C60

It's coming soon my son :wink: See the pics below the v2r. C60 with direct mount brakes : http://www.cyclinside.it/web/colnago-2018-ecco-la-v2-r-e-altri-ritocchi-sulla-c60/

samuelcfadams1986

by samuelcfadams1986

I think the C60 looks better to be honest

moonoi

by moonoi

At least it appears they've got rid of the Ferrari logos the V1-R was plastered with

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

Gazelleer wrote:
fabriciom wrote:Sloppy as in they slope up in the top tube vs a straight top tube which is a more recent design.

Yeah, sure...

One of the most beautiful bikes ever built.

eder10986

by eder10986

I like mine [emoji4]

Haters welcome!

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Dang it eder10986, why did you have to go and do that?

Amazing that it just takes one monstrosity to undermine a good argument about the heritage, class, and special qualities of a brand.

Haters? I'd be afraid of Colnago ninja hit squads with that thing.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

That garmin Mount doee....
Using Tapatalk

eder10986

by eder10986

Mr.Gib wrote:Dang it eder10986, why did you have to go and do that?

Amazing that it just takes one monstrosity to undermine a good argument about the heritage, class, and special qualities of a brand.

Haters? I'd be afraid of Colnago ninja hit squads with that thing.

I'm with you all the way.

Colnago; timeless, classic, beautiful, and incredibly comfortable.

Thanks for the compliment.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com