Colnago, please explain the appeal

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Meh

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RyanH

by RyanH

Eww, it has a triangle, two wheels and some roundish tubes. That's not to my taste, please find something to my taste, until then I'll disparage you and your tastes.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

cunn1n9

by cunn1n9

Imaking20 wrote:Meh

That is my favourite colour scheme. Just beautiful.

Only thing stopping me buying one is the low tyre clearance. Does anyone know when it will clear 28mm tyres? I am sure the new V2-R will but I so like the C60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingguy

by wingguy

fabriciom wrote:Never said they look sloppy, to make it clear I do not like the "classical" design.

Q: "how did you manage to group a cervelo R and cdale synapse with a C60?"

A: "Because they look like the same sloppy frame design with different paint jobs..."

Your second post in this thread, you dick :lol:

fabriciom

by fabriciom

wingguy wrote:
fabriciom wrote:Never said they look sloppy, to make it clear I do not like the "classical" design.

A: "Because they look like the same sloppy frame design with different paint jobs..."

Sloppy as in they slope up in the top tube vs a straight top tube which is a more recent design.

moonoi

by moonoi

fabriciom wrote:
wingguy wrote:

Sloppy as in they slope up in the top tube vs a straight top tube which is a more recent design.

Well now you're showing you don't know what you're talking about. Sloping top tube designs are more recent than straight top tubes and were introduced by Giant with the original TCR.

Still you can get a C60 in both sloping or traditional (straight top tube) designs.

Pretty clear you're just trolling now

Gazelleer

by Gazelleer

fabriciom wrote:Sloppy as in they slope up in the top tube vs a straight top tube which is a more recent design.

Yeah, sure...

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Amusing thread. Clearly anyone who judges purely on appearance ("looks like 10 year old designs/technology" etc.) hasn't a clue. The C60 and its predecessors are a triumph of substance over flashy BS. No weird shapes, no chasing trends. Just an amazing balance of stuff that works.

m4k1

by m4k1

i have a c50 and a c40 and i am not of your opinion, there is enough "bs" (that i like, but i don´t think it is beneficial) going on on those frames (that i really love). the tube shapes and the hp chainstays to be specific. i don´t mind that, but in my opinion that was at that time a marketing gimmick.

fabriciom

by fabriciom

I don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

I'm trolling.

Anything else to discredit my opinion and try to convince yourself that spending 6k on a frame was the right thing to do?

Because, clearly a head tube angle is what this whole thread is about.

samuelcfadams1986

by samuelcfadams1986

fabriciom wrote:I don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

I'm trolling.

Anything else to discredit my opinion and try to convince yourself that spending 6k on a frame was the right thing to do?

No one on here has told you to go and buy one. The C60 frame set will set you back just over 4K plus then the seat post at £200. The frameset your quoting me on was a passoni top force custom at £6150.

Dude colnago's like a lot of brands have a cult following, like Yeti in mtb's. No one is telling you to buy one, they are nearly defending why they brought one, in response to your criticism of the frame.

I really think you should leave it there, because it comes across like your trying to drag out the topic.

mag

by mag

This thread goes really nowhere (really feels like going in circles) so I'll try to hijack it a little, ;-)

Could please those who have ridden the C60 as well as V1-r make some brief comparison of these? What did you feel was different between them and how when it comes to handling and comfort? What did you like or dislike about either of these and why? (I know C60 but I'm trying to get at least some idea of that to expect from V1-r which I don't have an opportunity to test).

slick1

by slick1

BRM wrote:
samuelcfadams1986 wrote:I would say that a hand made (created by Italian artisans) C60 shape and Lugged style is completely different to any other frame. Plus the C60 boasts some of the best bike reviews any road bike have ever received, along with a ride quality and brand heritage unrivalled by others. However in fairness every single review states that they didn't get the bike till they rode it. The chief editor of cyclist magazine could have any road bike he wanted but owns a C60 .....................

Poor arguments
Bikereviews and you really believe them? Most reviews are incomplete and crap.
A chief editor owns a Colnago and that suppose to be something to set your belief on?
Did you do a thorough comparison of the bikes of multiple bikemag editors?

When the King decide to wear a pink cockring, should I follow?

On forums like here are people with money and midlife crises. (especially Americans that are victims of hyped marketing all the time)
They come with a story that they wants to bike again or want to buy a bike because they become 50 whatever.
They want the 'best' and ask others what to buy. They have a lack of soul and knowledge and they let others choose for them, they want to be cool and hip, desperataly looking for that penis enlargement and they see others mentioning Colnago, Colnago. (brand with a history, Italian, bit exotic and expensive) They are convinced because people repeat, buy a Colnago and promote it like others did with them.

(its not that I don't not like Colnago's but know how it works)

Well said. Colnago this Colnago that. I bet people who buy them wouldn't be able tell the difference between a Colnayyyygo and another frame for half the price yet they will tell you they can. I rode a wilier, Colnayyyygo, Cervelo, Pinarello, DeRosa and a LOOK. The 695 was a way better frame to ride, even with the peer pressure of buying a Colnayyygo. Never owned on and probably never will. Don't see the heritage bullshit people go on about them.

It's like asking an iPhone owner "why did you buy an iphone". Their answer will more than likely be "because i heard they were good". People like that are called sheeple, not people.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Keeno

by Keeno

fabriciom wrote:I don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

I'm trolling.

I got an incredible deal on mine. If it had been $6k, I probably wouldn't be on here asking advice on group sets. That said, I probably would have found a way. Once I rode one it was all over.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com