simple power meter computer - not fussed 're gps

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
campagowlo

by campagowlo

After doing lots of research and getting views on ww and reading a stack if reviews, I've decided on favero assioma duo powermeter pedals. What I can't seem to find is an ant+ or Bluetooth cycling computer that doesn't do gps nav. I really dont need this and want a computer that has long battery life, power, l/r power and cadence. Also it has to be light as I will be gaining 110 grams with the pedals! The closest I can see is the lightest polar model.

bremerradkurier

by bremerradkurier

Bryton Rider 310 or 330-I've had the 310 for almost two years now and the battery life is outstanding.

Boshk

by Boshk

campagowlo wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:13 pm
After doing lots of research and getting views on ww and reading a stack if reviews, I've decided on favero assioma duo powermeter pedals. What I can't seem to find is an ant+ or Bluetooth cycling computer that doesn't do gps nav. I really dont need this and want a computer that has long battery life, power, l/r power and cadence. Also it has to be light as I will be gaining 110 grams with the pedals! The closest I can see is the lightest polar model.
the L/R power and cadence are just apps I believe, at least it is for the garmin 530.
My garmin is good, haven't paired it yet with my quarq, its only 4x7cm. screen is big enough if all you want is L/R power, cadence and maybe speed or time, more than 5 items gets a bit small.
Colnago C60

campagowlo

by campagowlo

The Bryton 310 looks like exactly what I am looking for. Had not seen these before and fits the bill perfectly

robertbb

by robertbb

Also look into a Lezyne unit; they get great reviews.

If you hunt around you might also find a used Edge 500 for peanuts. I still use one. Turn the GPS off saves significant battery life. Someone also posted on these forums RE: an easy and cheap aftermarket battery replacement that will improve your battery life even further.

The only thing you won't get on a computer without GPS is gradient - I'm not aware of a unit that will give you that reading without GPS/GLONASS enabled.
It's ALL about the bike.

TonyM

by TonyM

The GPS gives you also the speed without having to use an additional sensor.

Frankie - B
Administrator

by Frankie - B

Another vote for bryton, you might want to look into the 330 or the bigger screen 530. Both have a rudimentary routing function, but also have what you are looking for. Plus, they are newer then the aforementioned 310.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'

jekyll man

by jekyll man

I think Matt Clinton from cyclepowermeters has said bryton head units don't play well with the Assioma pedals.

As said above though, a used garmin 500 is the Nokia 3310 of the gps/power metrics world, although would i change back from my 820? Not a chance....
Official cafe stop tester