3T Strada aero road bike is made for wide tires and 1×12 drivetrains

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

C36

by C36

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:31 am
C36 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:12 am

Sorry but Won't take any BR "review" as information with value. I do like a lot their stories on a product design, their brands offices visits, or product presentation but that stops there. Their "opinions" are either very influenced with limited "let's challenge their claims" or with a degree of technical ignorance (or if I had a sarcastic approach"sold to the brands"): their last "how Spe make the most accurate power meter in the world" was quite a caricature.
You seem to be confusing BikeRadar for BikeRumor since the former has no such article. I can assure you Reuben, Joe, Jack, Ben, etc. at BikeRadar are very objective and honest in their reviews.

Sometimes they dumb down their video content, but that’s because most viewers want dumb. Their “Top 5 MTB for 2017” style videos generate more views than say, their latest 24-hour race video.
My bad... indeed read too quickly on my phone... thanks for pointing it out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

IchDien

by IchDien

Just had a look at one of these fully made up in my LBS. It also seemed relatively light weight.

However I'm still baffled as to why 3T haven't made their own integrated bar/stem combo for this? I know it would eat into their profits for their other stems and bars but it seems bizarre to have a Vroomen designed aero bike with such an ungainly stem and bar config. Also the other review is right, the cable routing for both the brakes and groupset is terrible-worse than my 2012 S5 and that's saying something.

NS

by NS

NS wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:14 pm
There will be a front mech on that by the end of February
Ok July :roll:

Marin

by Marin

3T cassettes are shipping, got one incoming.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/07/3t-adds ... x-gearing/

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

At first I was like, “pussies, stick to your convictions!” but this thing is re-growing on me now, I hated the 1x version when it first came out, then started loving it, I then went to see one in a shop and it made absolutely everything in the shop look completely outdated. I literally couldn’t look at anything else that day from Cannondale/Spec/Factor/Colnago etc.

Now this thing has gone the same way, the front mech and double go a long way in softening that wheel cut out which can only be a good thing, unfortunately still too rich for me and if I’m suffering discs I don’t want to see any cables so will wait for V2.

2lo8

by 2lo8

"Good for pros" says 3T employee. Not so say riders of not collapsed team sponsored by 3T forced to use it.

Sounds like they pulled the same con on the pro riders as they tried to pull here, hinting at future developments that would make it viable, and those pros getting first hand experience that this was a bad idea, until it reached the point where pros who ride what they get paid to decided they weren't getting paid enough to ride it.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/aqua ... act-392238
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/raci ... ort-392905
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingn ... 66552.html

How embarassing.
[14lb(6.35kg) of no carbon fiber]
[2lo8.wordpress.com]
Your one-stop source for information and reviews on cheap eBay bike junk.

Marin

by Marin

1x is still where road drivetrains will end up, and for most people it already makes sense I think. I have 4 road bikes with 1x, and I race them too, but not at world tour level obviously :D

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I race on flat circuits on 1x11. The problem with this bike is the geometry for me once I looked into it more. Teams fail for many reasons. The wrong bike should not be terminal there are races on flatter courses. Not getting into races is terminal.

2lo8

by 2lo8

If you want to define "most people" as doing flat laps, which is probably true, then they would do fine with 1x9 or whatever, sure.

There's nothing wrong with an appropriately geared 1x crit bike or TT bike for a sufficiently flat course or a 1x comfort/hybrid bike for a few laps around the park or cheap commuter bike.

For people and 3T employees that delude themselves into thinking 1x vaporware is ideal for a wide spread of varried terrain and do-it-all gearing, or pros with ambitions besides doing only flat races and not having mechanical failures, and not tailored to a specific set of conditions, I don't know what to say.
[14lb(6.35kg) of no carbon fiber]
[2lo8.wordpress.com]
Your one-stop source for information and reviews on cheap eBay bike junk.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I think the team folded 90% due to not-3T Strada issues and 10% Strada teething issues.

Delaney has acted like a whiny baby this whole time, citing the lack of invites first, then quickly blaming the equipment. You didn’t see any riders blame the equipment before Delaney started dong it on social media. Another simple truth is their self-sponsorship failed. They claimed to have enough funding for four years, but lasted less than two. And then the whole Sniper deal...Delaney sent the media an official press release claiming ABS had purchased them...obviously untrue. Later of course, everyone was informed let go without warning...over Twitter.

Delaney has since deleted his Twitter account.

If you read Blythe’s complaint about 50x42 leaving him knackered on a climb, that’s lower a lower gear than 39x32. Why is he complaining about low-end gearing instead of gear ratio jumps?

Slipping seatposts? Given that the SL6 thread is full of people talking about creaking and clicking seatposts, this is just an issue common to most non-round posts. Add copious amounts of fiber grip and use the correct amount of torque. Chain drops? Tony Martin and a few others use 1x without clutch derailleurs during TTs...the one stage where chaindrops will undoubtedly hurt your overall chances...

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Maybe it was camera shyness but Blythe doesn’t seem to know much about gearing from that interview. You usually have a 38 to drop down into? But now there’s just a 10 cassette on the back of your 1x11? As for the track bike with gears comparison, that’s basically every bike isn’t it? Still, I fundamentally agree with him about the appropriateness of the 3T system

Marin

by Marin

2lo8 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:18 pm
If you want to define "most people" as doing flat laps
No, I would specifically include people who do lots of climbing too. I would onyl exclude people whose setup is optimized for *very* fast group riding over *very* varied terrain who don't want to change gearing before rides, or people who can only pedal within a *very* narrow cadence range.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I will say with my personal experiences using a SRAM 11-32, I find the 15/17 and 19/22 jumps a little annoying. I’m often in 50x19 or 50x22 for short ramps and shifting down to the small ring on flats just to go into the 13/14 cogs is inane. 1x11 jumps with a 10-42 would be awful, but Blythe didn’t make that a point.
Last edited by TobinHatesYou on Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

euan

by euan

Kinda get feeling that Blythe isn't the best at using his words