3T Strada aero road bike is made for wide tires and 1×12 drivetrains

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Discodan

by Discodan

I don't get it either, we were running 1x on MTBs for years before clutch RD's or narrow/wide were even a thing without a problem. For rough stuff you put a superlight chain keeper (Pauls, MRP 1.x) and it was fine but for road a narrow/wide is more than enough

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Succisa75

by Succisa75

Discodan wrote:Interesting review in

road.cc/content/review/232626-3t-strada-frameset

running 28mm tyres measuring 31mm and no problems in a month of riding. The reviewer certainly seems to like it

Good review and different from another review published recently that uses SRAM and 3T wheels. From my experience having ridden with Enve wheels and 3T wheels on my road bike, Enve wheels are stiffer which would complement the Strada as there is some flex in the frame.

Global

by Global

Great looking bike nice to see new options for those who want them. Anxiously waiting for a couple of cassettes for the bikes I already use as 1x.
Global :)

asiantrick

by asiantrick

I was lucky enough to rode with SuperDave and Zitter in a social ride a few weeks back, as they were on their Stradas.
Let just said that the Strada looks MUCH better in person than in pictures. It's definitely a beast of its own. I'm eyeing this bike as a 3rd bike in the stable, maybe when the price comes down a bit.

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

asiantrick wrote:I was lucky enough to rode with SuperDave and Zitter in a social ride a few weeks back, as they were on their Stradas.
Let just said that the Strada looks MUCH better in person than in pictures. It's definitely a beast of its own. I'm eyeing this bike as a 3rd bike in the stable, maybe when the price comes down a bit.

You put me next to anything and immediately that thing looks better.
Next time say hello!
-SD

TonyM

by TonyM

Really looking forward to see it in the Pro peloton!

jlok

by jlok

Will Disc brake be officially allowed to race in 2019?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

romalor

by romalor

I will try the 3T strada at bike components in Achen , they have one test bike I've heard
It's a 2 hours drive from home and 2 hours back but I love this city and I will enjoy others things there so it's fine

I know open and 3t are not the same
but will 3T consider selling ready to paint frames like open ? Because not everyone like red
And I get it you produce 2 frames and don't want to deal with multiple paints etc It's fine
But it would be cool for the customer

Or without paint frames just with a varnish like some 3t strada all black we saw ?

Zitter

by Zitter

You're in luck, we just launched Team Stealth which should start shipping early 2018.

romalor

by romalor

good move !
except the 200 usd rise in price
should be the opposite :welcome:

Zitter

by Zitter

Stealth finish is more labor intensive hence the upcharge

Global

by Global

Excited about your new bailout cassettes any updates on timeline? Thanks
Global :)

Marin

by Marin

Yes please! Will January hold for the cassttes? Target weight? I hope they're not really 275g! =0

KLabs

by KLabs

I like the bike and approach (1x11, 1x12) and sram wireless with disc brakes, sounds good.

Perhaps 10-40 with a front of 40 to 50 (maybe 42) would work quite well.

Maybe even 11-40 with with 46 or 48 or 50...

romalor

by romalor

Zitter wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:40 pm
Stealth finish is more labor intensive hence the upcharge
Damn I should tell this OEM bike companies to charge more for unpainted matt frame than frames with colours ...
I should also tell bike brands I've tested bike for as prototypes to paint them if it's cheaper :roll:

Paint requires severals layers and then varnish
Brut matt requires filler and varnish it's lighter and cheaper

The stealth frame is indicated at the same weight than the painted one on your site , I hope this is a mistake as it would make no sense. :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com