Colnago C60 electronic vs dual use

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tommo

by Tommo

Calling any C60 experts out there...

I'm in the market to upgrade my frame and have been smitten by the C60 in the Matt PLBK guise. I'm running EPS and see they offer an electronic specific frame. In what ways do the frames differ other than the obvious. Are there any weight savings? Are they aesthetically the same i.e. Cable lets etc and can anyone simplify the sizing? I'm thinking I'm a 56s but not sure in the 'higher' geometry.

Thanks for your help!

showdown

by showdown

Aside from the drillings for cables they are exactly the same.

If you're running EPS and never plan on going back to mechanical then there's no reason to not get the electronic-only version. It will leave you without empty cable ports to fill with plugs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nestornnk

by nestornnk

Exactly as showdown mentioned.
Also note that all C60 frames now are only compatible with V3EPS.
There is no hole under the bb for the charging cable of the V2EPS

Tommo

by Tommo

cheers for that. I have v3 so I'm safe in that aspect. Is the Matt finish easy to maintain? I find it bizarre that there isn't a weight saving over a gloss frame as well?

showdown

by showdown

The matte finish, I'd argue is easier to maintain than gloss. Dirt, mud and other debris just brush right off when dry. In addition, little scratches and the like that show up on glossy paint just disappear on matte.

Colnago really doesn't care all that much about weights... I'm not sure if any of their reported numbers are anywhere near accurate. Just think of it this way- you don't buy a Colnago for it's lack of weight, you buy it for its abundance of comfort and durability...

3Pio

by 3Pio

showdown wrote:The matte finish, I'd argue is easier to maintain than gloss. Dirt, mud and other debris just brush right off when dry. In addition, little scratches and the like that show up on glossy paint just disappear on matte.

Colnago really doesn't care all that much about weights... I'm not sure if any of their reported numbers are anywhere near accurate. Just think of it this way- you don't buy a Colnago for it's lack of weight, you buy it for its abundance of comfort and durability...

And for stifness while in same time comfortable, specialy noticable on climbs and longs rides.

U wont regret with C60.BTW On glossy paint little scrathes are very noticable.

Tommo

by Tommo

Thanks for the feed back :)

samuelcfadams1986

by samuelcfadams1986

Does anyone have any idea when or if even Colnago are going to replace the C60. Looking at past models the C60's lifetime has been quite long. There must be a new C61/C70 on the horizon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonyM

by TonyM

samuelcfadams1986 wrote:Does anyone have any idea when or if even Colnago are going to replace the C60. Looking at past models the C60's lifetime has been quite long. There must be a new C61/C70 on the horizon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure. The C60 is very popular and they just have announced the V2-r (which will be presented on next Monday).

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I attended a Colnago demo day today at a local dealer and spoke with several people from the UK supplier, Windwave. They told me that after the imminent V2-r launch the next model up for a revamp will be the CLX, and that currently there are no firm plans to replace the C60. That's not to say it's not somewhere on Ernesto's drawing board though of course!

Incidentally, the C60 is Colnago's best seller in the UK.

mattcooke
Resident Pro

by mattcooke

Does this frame look like I can run cables on it?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202097292807?ul_noapp=true

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Yes; on the 6th photo you can clearly see the cable entry port on the side of the head tube where it joins the down tube.
Last edited by Mockenrue on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

mattcooke
Resident Pro

by mattcooke

This ebay seller just told me it could use cables. And has now offered to sell me just the frame.
What would be good offer from me? I like this bike but it is not the number 1 paint job for me personally.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com