Cube frames from bike-discount.de

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Gecko

by Gecko

Has anyone acquired a Cube frame / frameset from the German retailer www.bike-discount.de from outside Europe (I'm in Australia but they don't ship their frames here)? If so, how did you go about it and did it work out good value? Cheers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stax

by stax

99bikes are the dealer for Australia, I think.

A buddy of mine recently had a crack in his white Cube frame ( can't remember the model)and got an upgrade to the next model up, in black, as his size was out of stock. 99bikes would not supply the fork with his new black frame so he had to ride with his old white fork or pay them $200 for the black fork.

I've had no other dealings with them and wouldn't after that.

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

They won't ship Cube to the U.S., either.

I got my Cube complete bike from Chain Reaction Cycles. Maybe see if they have the frame you're after?

Gecko

by Gecko

Thanks for replies.
Yes, I am aware 99bikes is the Australian distributor/retailer (which is probably part of the reason bike-discount won't ship here). However, 99bikes do not usually advertise frames only.
Similarly, Chain Reaction don't sell Cube bikes to Australia, let alone frameset only.
In any case, the prices on bike-discount strike me as very good value (on EU to AUD currency conversion).

I've seen online some German freight forwarders such as mygermany.com and mailboxde.com and wondering if anyone has experience with them or others?