Water Bottle Cages Preference

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Good point about the stainless steel cages of the past. If they weren't tight enough or loose enough for your preference you just bent it till you had the exact feel you want for any particular bottle. Ahhh... the good ol' days.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

BRM

by BRM

Asteroid wrote:
BRM wrote:It's clear you are not satisfied with your own config.
Buy other bottles or other cages.

Why do you want to know what others prefer?
Does that knowledge changes anything for you?
Don't think so . . . .

When you experience problems to get bottles out, try to twist a bit when pulling.

Geez...another grouchy BRM reply...

Please explain how the preferences of others can help the TS to solve his problem.
What is the magical thought behind this I dont see? I'm willing to learn, really.

An amount of members just bluntly give their preferences without recognising this topic is odd and useless.
Sorry, each time I enter this forum I see a bunch of new topics, one stranger than the other and the WW crowd just eats it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Asteroid

by Asteroid

BRM wrote:
Asteroid wrote:
BRM wrote:It's clear you are not satisfied with your own config.
Buy other bottles or other cages.

Why do you want to know what others prefer?
Does that knowledge changes anything for you?
Don't think so . . . .

When you experience problems to get bottles out, try to twist a bit when pulling.

Geez...another grouchy BRM reply...

Please explain how the preferences of others can help the TS to solve his problem.
What is the magical thought behind this I dont see? I'm willing to learn, really.

An amount of members just bluntly give their preferences without recognising this topic is odd and useless.
Sorry, each time I enter this forum I see a bunch of new topics, one stranger than the other and the WW crowd just eats it.

It's simply the dynamics of any forum. People can offer suggestions, help, opinions, advice, or state facts. On WW, not everything needs to be confined to saving 3 grams by using a ti nut. If anything, you took the same "bait" that others took. When you find a posting distasteful or unsatisfying, just move on, BRM.

This does not mean we do not find your posts entertaining or amusing, BRM. Quite the opposite. So keep doing your thang...but find something to take the edge off sometimes. :beerchug:

I found this thread timely, because of my personal research into the latest greatest water bottle cages. Both aesthetics and performance surely interest me, but nothing I see will cause me to change from my old-fangled Blackburn cage. :mrgreen:
Oldbie