NEW THM-CARBONES FIBULA BRAKESET

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Imaking20

by Imaking20

...and they're too light to be paper weights :|

mrlobber

by mrlobber

I'm still scratching my head, how is it even possible to release a product which simply does not work. I mean, they should have discovered this centering issue by simply mounting the brakes on one to two bikes and riding, say, 100km total?
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

mrlobber wrote:I'm still scratching my head, how is it even possible to release a product which simply does not work. I mean, they should have discovered this centering issue by simply mounting the brakes on one to two bikes and riding, say, 100km total?

You would think, right?

Sometimes, things don't need to be changed.. Sometimes it only needs to be "tweeked" slightly from what is already a solid brakeset (previous fibula's). I for one don't look for radical changes, just want them to "work".. So why THM didn't use the older model and have it accomodate wider rims is beyond me... Now they are stuck with a bunch of molds that can only spit out defective brakesets.. :noidea:
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OHYONGUN

by OHYONGUN

It is a shame that it is not a direct mount.

Beaver

by Beaver

Does anyone know if THM could fix the issues with the brake?

Sphynx37

by Sphynx37

RichTheRoadie wrote:Installed:

They're actually quite easy to get tight, but I'll wait to see if the tightness I can achieve will actually hold.

I'm also now really concerned about how it will even be possible to adjust these once the brake is mounted and the pads are in place as I don't think there will be any room. It's *such* an afterthought, which is SO wrong on brakes of this 'value' (cost).
I got mine with those tiny lockrings as well but I have to say that they’re fragile. As the end of the spring are wide, it’s really hard once put the ring on to threads the bolt in(there is no much more gap between the spring and lockring). One of mine ring’s bothside are overthreated and totally lose of functions. I get rid of rest three rings into the box.
They surely have to redesign the spring if they want the brake works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leej88

by leej88

For $1000+ a pair, having to deal with such issues is a big no no.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Yeah, simply a fail on THM/3T. At this price, there should be no compromise at all. The previous gen has been nothing but amazing for me, don't know how they could mess this up so badly.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Have these brakes been fixed now? No more centering issues?

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Anyone? Crickets here......

Kazyole

by Kazyole

I ordered a pair mid last year and have had no issues. I haven't fully read this thread to see what the issue other riders had been having was but mine have been fine.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

That is good to know. Thanks!

steff

by steff

Hello. What about those brakes after few years ? Are users happy or not with them ? What are the biggest problems ? What about braking power and feeling ?

Liimis22

by Liimis22

I have one pair in box, got them "cheap" from LBS.

Haven't installed them yet, maybe winter when my bike is on trainer, I have to admit that I'm little worried how they will perform on my frame (spezialized allez sprint) cause there's brake housing full lenght from brakelever to brakes.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

These brakes work very well as long as you do not use lightweight wheels. These brakes only work with wide rims. If you have lightweights you need brake shoes with spacers to grip narrow lightweight carbon rims. Then you are ok

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com