NEW THM-CARBONES FIBULA BRAKESET

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

minimini

by minimini

Hi !

I live in South Korea and received it yesterday. Maybe I am the first in my country. :)

The specification is 65g x 2 = 130g, but the actual size is 145g. :noidea:

I just want the performance to be good. It can not be rained today.

Matte 3k carbon and the color was changed from red to black. I'll attach a photo
Attachments
IMG_6338.JPG
IMG_6339.JPG
IMG_6344.JPG
IMG_6327.JPG
IMG_6329.JPG
IMG_6330.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

Ive been looking at these for a while, but have seen two different specs, ie. Red and in UD finish. Yours are exactly the ones i was after with the 3k and black anodized. Not to sure now with the weight as heavier than my old Fibs. Do like the idea of the wheel adjustment.
Where did you get them from. Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

richscott

by richscott

Enjoy! I have the old fibulas and they are every bit as powerful as dura aces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NiFTY

by NiFTY

They look incredible. Enjoy. What build are they going on.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hatsunagi

by hatsunagi

More than + 10% difference with manufacturers spec? Are you planning to ask or dispute on this?

Sent from my SM-G920K using Tapatalk

kgt

by kgt

+15gr on such a posh product are too much IMO.

Mep

by Mep

They're beautiful. Congrats!

jlok

by jlok

It's raining quite heavily in Seoul today... maybe time to test wet performance / modulation?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Imaking20

by Imaking20

richscott wrote:Enjoy! I have the old fibulas and they are every bit as powerful as dura aces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find that incredibly hard to believe.

ninjasloth

by ninjasloth

Mep wrote:They're beautiful.

Disagreed

RyanH

by RyanH

The Fibulas brake very well. As well as Dura Ace may be an exaggeration but I'd say they are >95% of Super Record which for all intents and purposes is more than adequate.

Now, my issues with the Fibulas were: they seize in gritty rain rides and the rear return spring is a tad weak. I couldn't get enough of the friction out of my rear brake cable run on the Evo to reliably have the Fibulas open. I didn't have this issue on the Litespeed so it may be isolated. As far as durability in the rain, for a dedicated light bike or a bike that won't see the rain, that's fine. Since the carbon parts move on each other, a minute amount of fine grit will cause the brakes to stop returning to fully open. I'm curious if the new ones are better in this regard (as well as stronger return springs).

As far as the weight goes, that's about the same as my old versions, which were 143g. You're getting supposedly stronger brakes with a cam to adjust to wide wheels.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Indeed, where did you get them? All (but obviously not really all?) the places in Europe show them as "delivery time unknown".
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

rovale

by rovale

The weight is right.....THM claims them 123 without padholders

kode54

by kode54

RyanH wrote:The Fibulas brake very well. As well as Dura Ace may be an exaggeration but I'd say they are >95% of Super Record which for all intents and purposes is more than adequate.

Now, my issues with the Fibulas were: they seize in gritty rain rides and the rear return spring is a tad weak. I couldn't get enough of the friction out of my rear brake cable run on the Evo to reliably have the Fibulas open. I didn't have this issue on the Litespeed so it may be isolated. As far as durability in the rain, for a dedicated light bike or a bike that won't see the rain, that's fine. Since the carbon parts move on each other, a minute amount of fine grit will cause the brakes to stop returning to fully open. I'm curious if the new ones are better in this regard (as well as stronger return springs).

As far as the weight goes, that's about the same as my old versions, which were 143g. You're getting supposedly stronger brakes with a cam to adjust to wide wheels.

agreed. that said, i pulled the THM Fibs off and put the EEBrakes on and happy that i did just for the reason that i ride in all types of weather. and when the grit got into the Fibs...the springs weren't quite strong enough to return back to where they should be...and would rub when i got out of the saddle. had to clean them quite a bit...lube the pivots to make them smoother and return.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Very nice set of brakes! I guess they must be starting to ship as its been long enough. Id be really interested to see how the wheel works to widen/close the caliper.
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: