Trek Émonda 2018

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

darnellrm

by darnellrm

I have an extra SLR fork if you have trouble finding one. PM me for details if you are interested.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

inchul

by inchul

This is a pretty cable cabling ..
It's too annoying ~

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

darnellrm wrote:I have an extra SLR fork if you have trouble finding one. PM me for details if you are interested.

I just saw this post now. I ended up ordering a Domane SLR rim brake fork with a 48 rake. My frame builder advised me to get the 48 rake. The fork should weigh about 345 grams with an uncut steerer tube. Thanks for the offer.

At the current time there are no after market forks with direct mount brakes. I'm very glad to have found the Trek forks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geordiepaul

by Geordiepaul

My SLR forks weighs 306g painted.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Geordiepaul wrote:My SLR forks weighs 306g painted.

There are different types of SLR forks. Is yours the Domane SLR or the Emonda SLR? And is that with a cut or uncut steer tube?

moyboy

by moyboy

it's gotta be cut.

Geordiepaul

by Geordiepaul

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Geordiepaul wrote:My SLR forks weighs 306g painted.

There are different types of SLR forks. Is yours the Domane SLR or the Emonda SLR? And is that with a cut or uncut steer tube?

Sorry it's an 2018 Emonda SLR rim brake fork with uncut steerer.

If it helps my Domane SLR disc fork weights 386g uncut

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Thanks. Mine will be about 345 uncut. The extra beef is probably in the steer tube, where the Domane sees more stress if ridden on the cobbles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madcap

by madcap

FIJIGabe wrote:
spartan wrote:2018 emonda slr are NOT made in the USA. trek dropped the price to 3000 due to the cheaper manufacturing in china. btw the defense grade 700 carbon is complete BS. canyon produce a 650gm frame made in asia.

Just confirmed with the shop. H1 frames (700 series carbon) are still Made in the USA. Starting in 2018, H2 frames (600 series carbon), will be made overseas. Last generation H2 frames were also 700 series carbon.

BTW, P1 frames of lower-grade carbon may be finished in the US (paint-wise), but the manufacturing of the frame is overseas, with blanks shipped to Waterloo for painting.

I don't have anything to add about where the H2 frames are now being made, but I've triple-checked the Trek website and everything from SLR-6 through SLR-9 is being made with 700 Series Carbon. There is then a drop to 500 Series carbon for the SL range.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

My 2017 Domane SLR rim-brake fork came in. In uncut form it weighs 350 grams.

Snabb

by Snabb

Love the new SL 6 Pro, really good spec and price. I`m 185 cm, so a 58 cm frame i spot on ?

Would like the H1 geometry but the Emonda is so pricey.
Ride lots!

53x12

by 53x12

Any other members get a Emonda SLR rim brake frames weight? Any member reviews so far?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Geordiepaul

by Geordiepaul

My project one, 58cm H2 weighs 760grams.
It's painted white gloss.
Fork weighs as above.

Cemicar

by Cemicar

Anybody here went with U5 vapor coat? I'm actually meh about a little weight loss at the cost of $1,000. It's just crazy. But at the same time have to say, like the beauty of the said color scheme.

I can find little feedback on it, but the only one is very negative. Is it the case?
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowt ... _P6084213/

We have normal vapor coat colors, and I may go with that one instead, if U5 vapor coat is so fragile...

Delorre

by Delorre

Cemicar wrote:Anybody here went with U5 vapor coat? I'm actually meh about a little weight loss at the cost of $1,000. It's just crazy. But at the same time have to say, like the beauty of the said color scheme.

I can find little feedback on it, but the only one is very negative. Is it the case?
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowt ... _P6084213/

We have normal vapor coat colors, and I may go with that one instead, if U5 vapor coat is so fragile...

A riding budy has the previous Emonda in U5 paint, and it is almost ruined in some places with potential rub (top tube) or places around drivetrain, where you may use some (little agressive??) degreaser. The paint is so thin and it scratches like crazy! Maybe a good rub with a rubbing compound for cars, followed by a wax would clean up the whole bike, but as it's not mine...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com